+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Demand for iPad Could Trouble Sale of Macs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Demand for iPad Could Trouble Sale of Macs

In a recent analyst forecast, Mac sales are expected to decline as a demand for the iPad continues to increase. According to a report by BMO analyst Keith Bachman, the last two quarters of 2012 will be challenging for Apple due to high demand for the iPad and expectation of a new iPhone. The prediction probably goes hand to hand with the possible leaked pictures of the next-generation iPhone and the rumored iPad Mini which surfaced recently.

Due to the predictions for the two iOS devices, Bachman lowered his Mac sales forecast by 1.6 million units, while raising iPad sales expectations by 3.8 million. This trend was shown as being continued for the next six quarters as Bachman predicts a reduction in Mac sales by 40% of the increased iPad sales. According to Bachman, Apple will sell roughly 20.18 million Macs in 2013, down from the previously estimated 21.38 million.

Despite the numbers shrinking, investors shouldn’t worry as the overall projections continue to increase. Bachman wrote the following in his note:

Moreover, we think Apple shares will respond in a positive way to the pending launch of the new iPhone, as we look to year-end.
    At the end of it all, we’ll have to wait and see how much of the predictions come out to be true and how much remain as speculations.

Source:Macworld UK

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

I could of bought the new MacBook air but decided to get the 64gb AT&T new iPad instead since I don't do video editing or anything major and I saved a few hundred bucks too

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Then why the fuxk would they make an iPad mini.

iPhone? More like MyPhone justinpotter81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    It won't be called an iPad mini, but instead called "The new iPod touch" and will lack a few features that "the new iPad" has, my Bloomberg told me so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    It won't be called an iPad mini, but instead called "The new iPod touch" and will lack a few features that "the new iPad" has, my Bloomberg told me so.
    Point noted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    To compete in the e-reader market such as the Kindle and Kobo. It makes since since not everyone can afford to spend $400+. By getting into the $200 price point, it will give Apple a bigger market share and give the other e-reader a run for their money.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

man i wonder why analysts make so much money when i could put 2 and 2 together and come up with the same solution the only difference is i dont have the media influence to make money off stating it.. most things analysts say are common knowledge..

one product will always have an effect on the market especially in high demand.. people arent made of money they have to choose between one product or the other so of course it will impact eachother

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I bought a iMac and then had a neck injury. Only used it for two weeks before my accident. I really like my laptop and iPad. The only reason I would buy another one is my husband likes playing his games on it. I rather have my iDevices portable than not. Love being able to take them where ever I go and I think many others feel the same way today!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if they would get off of their arse I would gladly throw down money for a new iMac. I already have multiple iPads, iPods & iPhones. My old MacBook Pro is in need of a rest.