+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Ballmer: "Microsoft Will Compete With Apple In Every Department"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Steve Ballmer: "Microsoft Will Compete With Apple In Every Department"

In a recent interview, Microsoft’s Chief Executive Officer, Steve Ballmer, recently said that his company’s “not going to leave any stone unturned” when it comes to competing with Apple. According to CRN, Ballmer went as far as saying that Microsoft intends to make it “absolutely clear” that the company plans to compete in any market against Apple. He sees his company having plans to “innovate everywhere” and bring its partners along for the ride.

The thought process behind the strategy is to take advantage of the company’s strength in productivity, enterprise management, and manageability. He seemed pretty adamant about trying to compete with Apple in every which way. This was seen when he said the following remarks: “Not the consumer cloud. Not hardware-software innovation. We are not leaving any of that to Apple by itself. Not going to happen. Not on our watch.”

The whole ordeal seems pretty silly as it doesn’t make sense for Microsoft to try and compete in a market where it is clearly not going to gain any grounds. If Ballmer is making decisions to compete with Apple just to make sure it’s competing, then I feel they are going about it all the wrong way. That being said, not all hope is lost though as the competition between the tech giants is helping raise the bar for the consumer when it comes to every aspect of technology (from hardware to software, to ease of use and convenience, etc.). We'll have to wait and see what Microsoft has in store for the public and if it even has a chance at competing with Apple.

Source: CRN

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Just like the CEO's shirt, Microsoft is FADING away.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    What company has the world's #1 OS in the world again? Microsoft isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    What company has the world's #1 OS in the world again? Microsoft isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Aye, biguns must be thinking about RIM. That being said, Windows 8 might push Microsoft a little further down. I'm expecting it to be received about as well as Windows ME.

Banned
    Thanks

hahaha that's what's up right there. But no use trying to explain that to a buncha Crapple fanboys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    Aye, biguns must be thinking about RIM. That being said, Windows 8 might push Microsoft a little further down. I'm expecting it to be received about as well as Windows ME.
    Its obvious Microsoft HAS to compete with Apple... but they are definitely NEVER going to fade away. Apple makes excellent computers, which I use, but companies out there do not want to spend X amount of money when they can spend Y amount which is a lot less. Same goes for a lot of consumers. Also lets be honest, Linux is NOT going to be taking over Windows in the workplace anytime soon. Also XBOX is a huge profitable department for Microsoft.

Thanks

HAHA, you guys take everything too seriously!
    I'm just wondering why the CEO is wearing a Hypercolor shirt from the 80's?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Was he sweating profusely or something before taking this picture?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Fat guy in factory not accustomed to manual labor... Sweat stain maybe?
    Anyways glad MicroSoft is competing again.
    My next tablet will have MS operating system, I'm done with iOS.

Thanks

It's only "#1" because any poor man can afford a PC. Doesn't mean they would prefer it. I'm sure if Apple sold 100 different PCs at $300, the shoe would be on the other foot. It's not #1 because it's the best, it's #1 because it's affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by MoronPolice View Post
    buncha Crapple fanboys
    ^ says the guy in an apple idevice forum. :superfacepalm:

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no problem with Microsoft but I can not stand Ballmer.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Green Apple
    Thanks

He needs to change his shirt. Looks like he just ran up 10 flights of stairs...
    Also Windows needs to change everything about its code. If Microsoft could make a quality computer that doesnt lock up for minutes at a time and where I could actually close programs and they actually close. I might think about buying a PC. But there are just too many problems with PC's. Its like they are trying to fix an old pot-holed road by patching it with hot-mix blacktop when Apple has a nice new 5 lane wide Concrete Freeway. Microsoft needs to tear up that old one lane road and start over...

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

.. and fail miserably.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=iDeadman;6610950]It's only "#1" because any poor man can afford a PC. Doesn't mean they would prefer it. I'm sure if Apple sold 100 different PCs at $300, the shoe would be on the other foot. It's not #1 because it's the best, it's #1 because it's affordable.

This really has nothing to do. I recently bought a new laptop and had enough money for either a PC or a Mac. I myself prefer PC over Mac for two reasons. The GUI and the third party software. It really is a matter of choice and not price in most cases.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    He needs to change his shirt. Looks like he just ran up 10 flights of stairs...
    Also Windows needs to change everything about its code. If Microsoft could make a quality computer that doesnt lock up for minutes at a time and where I could actually close programs and they actually close. I might think about buying a PC. But there are just too many problems with PC's. Its like they are trying to fix an old pot-holed road by patching it with hot-mix blacktop when Apple has a nice new 5 lane wide Concrete Freeway. Microsoft needs to tear up that old one lane road and start over...
    I have none of the issues you state. I've been rocking windows pc's and have never had a virus, never really had any malfunctions of the OS. Computers lock up, restart, have other issues.... even my wifes MBA has done the same. Not sure what some people are doing with their computers that cause all these issues I've heard about but I have never experienced them. I will never own an Apple computer, no need to pay all that extra $$ when I can get the same thing for so much less. I do like the trackpad on the MBA however, this is one thing I wouldn't mind having.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had my old Satellite A215 for going on 5 years now.. Original Hard Drive. I've never had any problems at all with anything. Most issues people have are user error. Don't download crap, don't go on suspicious websites, and you'll be fine. Another thing, Viruses plague PC's because PC's are the most common OS. Now that Apple is becoming more popular, we are seeing an increase in Apple threats in new Viruses and Spyware.

Thanks
    Its subliminal: pitstains = hard work.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

I grew up with 4 pcs over the years with windows dating back to windows 95. We've always had viruses. Weve done the blue screen. And I wanted something new for a change so I got the white MacBook jut before it got discontinued and no problems for 4 years now. Everything just works. I don't have a problem with windows at all and I'm not a fanboy but when I do want something to just work I go with apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice vest!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

:face palm:Hey, I grew up in the 80's none of us wore a shirt that bad.....it does reflect Microsoft well though. And you right, everyone takes this too seriously. It's all preference, and I prefer Apple.

This guy is on acid or something.......going to go toe to toe with Apple, ask him about the Zune. As Dr. Phil would say "So, you created your own music device.....How's that working for ya".
    Last edited by cgfusion; 07-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.