Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Ballmer: "Microsoft Will Compete With Apple In Every Department"

Quote Originally Posted by cukhiem View Post
    I would only buy apple computer because it makes me feel that I'm rich and they are virus and spyware FREE... How come I don't see that commercial anymore? So funny some peeps don't even know what Microsoft do and made comments about it lol.
    ...because MACs are not virus free and never have been? They're just not targeted as much.
    Recent history also shows that that is very much an untrue statement. See also Flashback virus and this post.

I know but peeps are actually believe those stupid ADS and go buy to apple computer just because of it.

Last paragraph is very untrue. Gain ground? It will. Watch.

I'm an apply fan boy.. And I believe that Microsoft has a good chance at all this.

All of you who are making comments about Ballmer's sweaty shirt, you obviously don't recognize a photoshop when you see one.
    I'm sure you think this is real too: http://www.picanese.com/pbpics/pican...b463f83a6d.jpg

I don't know if MS will be able to compete on every level with Apple (price point? I don't think so..) but I would reserve any criticisms until we see their actual product.

Remember, a lot of people could give a damn about Apple before the popularity of the iPod and iPhone. Even now, if it were not for the superb marketing establishing the Apple products as a status symbol, a lot of you fan boys probably wouldn't care and would be riding the **** of a different company who's established as a status symbol.

I like Apple products, but I like them because they were better than their competitors. Believe it or not, the main reason I have a MBP is because of their amazing trackpad. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have dropped the $ for it. The minute a better product comes out, I'm going to get that product. I don't care what brand is on my damn computer. You ever look at the apple logo when you're using your computer? Nope. It only matters to people looking at the back of your computer, or when it's shut.

I think MS has the potential to establish a great ecosystem with their desktops, tablets, phones, and xbox. Have you heard of SmartGlass? It's a concept MS has to link your tablet, your xbox, and your phone together. Watching a movie on your xbox? Pick up your tablet to get information about what you're watching automatically. Playing Halo? Your tablet becomes a scoreboard, tracking your kill/death ratios, and showing invites to games from your friends.

I own a PS3, and I have had my disdain for MS over the years, but if MS could implement that well, I would be willing to switch over. Unfortunately, that's their weak point -- execution.

One thing Apple happens to be really good at? Hiding their mistakes. Even if they do make a mistake, they'll never admit it, and say they designed it that way for usability, reliability, or to keep costs down.

I think this competition is great, at the very least, it should spur Apple to make even better (maybe even cheaper? *fingers crossed*) products. We, as consumers, win when the companies compete.

Lightbulb thats right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremador View Post
    Was he sweating profusely or something before taking this picture?
    did apple do all that? and what? a decade or two before apple was nothing. now it has microsoft sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by cukhiem View Post
    I know but peeps are actually believe those stupid ADS and go buy to apple computer just because of it.
    Yep. Everybody wants a Mac because it's the "social standard", just like a fancy car, or nice clothes, it's style over functionality
    (null)

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Yep. Everybody wants a Mac because it's the "social standard", just like a fancy car, or nice clothes, it's style over functionality
    I don't agree with that. Style I don't know but for me Mac has done wonders when i run any of my photo softwares, my graphic softwares, my maya (3d softwares) making them work much better and smoother than on any PC. Its like I'll never look back on a PC for any of my work.

The writer of the article should not come to self conclusions and give a direction to the article/discussion.
    As far as Microsoft is concerned they were the king and will be the king. No questions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    I don't agree with that. Style I don't know but for me Mac has done wonders when i run any of my photo softwares, my graphic softwares, my maya (3d softwares) making them work much better and smoother than on any PC. Its like I'll never look back on a PC for any of my work.
    Well it does depend on the type of user that you are. For media and things of that matter, macs have the edge. My comment was primarily out of anger at the people that have one because it's mainstream, and the fanboys
    (null)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123