Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Golden Master to Developers

Thanks

Default Apple Seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 to Developers

Apple recently seeded what’s intended to be the final test version of its OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion to developers with no known issues. This means the next generation operating system is complete and set for its imminent launch. Apple’s Mountain Lion GM signals the final stage of software development for the OS, which is expected to be ready for the public later this month unless developers find any issues with the finalized build.

The news comes just after a near-final build of Mountain Lion was made available to developers at the start of Apple’s WWDC in June 2012. This update included previously unannounced features such as voice dictation and a Power Nap mode. Along with these two features tighter iCloud integration, offline webpage viewing in Safari, and Messages are also in the pipeline for the next-generation OS X.

Alongside Mountain Lion’s 200 new features, a substantial security system that regularly checks-in with Apple’s servers is also to be released. This is being put in place to ensure that the latest patches and updates are installed on a user’s Mac. The automated system can be seen as being a result of the Flashback Trojan that reportedly affected some 600,000 Macs worldwide.

For those of you who are interested you can read the change log below:

OS X Lion 10.7.5 build 11G22 Seed Note

OS X Lion Update 10.7.5 is an update to OS X Lion 10.7.

Installation Instructions

The OS X Lion 10.7.5 Update (Combo) updates

- OS X Lion 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 GM.

The OS X Lion 10.7.5 Update (Delta) updates

- OS X Lion 10.7.4 GM.

Please be aware that you will not be able to revert back to your previous system after updating. Please install this update on a system you are prepared to erase if necessary.

Known Issues

- None

Focus Areas

- Graphics performance and quality

- Image & Media importing, editing or viewing

- Networking reliability & performance

From the Xcode change log:

Xcode Release Notes

This document contains release notes for Xcode 4.4 GM seed. It discusses new features and issues

present in Xcode 4.4 GM seed and issues resolved from earlier Xcode releases.

About Xcode 4.4 GM Seed Supported Configurations

Xcode 4.4 GM seed requires OS X 10.8 GM seed or OS X 10.7.4. It does not run on earlier versions of OS X. Xcode supports development for iOS 5.1, OS X 10.8, and OS X 10.7.

Installation

This preview release of Xcode 4.4 is distributed as a single application bundle, Xcode44-DP7.app. To install Xcode during the preview period, open the downloaded DMG file and drag Xcode44-DP7.app to your Applications folder.

Within Xcode, you can launch additional developer tools, such as Instruments and FileMerge, via the menu item Xcode > Open Developer Tool. You can then keep the tool in your Dock for access when Xcode is not running.

Technical Support and Learning Resources

Apple offers a number of resources where you can get Xcode development support:

http://developer.apple.com: The Apple Developer website is the best source for up-to-date technical documentation on iOS and OS X.

http://developer.apple.com/xcode: The Xcode home page on the Apple Developer website provides information on the developer tools.

http://devforums.apple.com: The Apple Developer Forums feature a dedicated Developer Forum for Xcode developer previews.

Use http://bugreport.apple.com to communicate issues with Apple. Include detailed information of the issue, including the system and developer tools version information, and any relevant crash logs or console messages.
    OS X Mountain Lion would be available for purchase through the Mac App Store in July for $19.99 though a specific release date has not yet been set.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Can't wait. Even more so if it actually pulls through with wifi encrypted time capsule backups.

Did they ever fix the stupid css border-image bug in safari?

is it just me or in the keynote did they show 1. facetime and imessage being able to receive at your iCloud phone number. 2. replying to a tweet using the tweet sheet not opening safari, and 3. replying to an imessage when in full screen mode with just a reply sheet?

could have swore all of these things ive seen in the in the keynote but dont see them implemented in this GM?

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    is it just me or in the keynote did they show 1. facetime and imessage being able to receive at your iCloud phone number. 2. replying to a tweet using the tweet sheet not opening safari, and 3. replying to an imessage when in full screen mode with just a reply sheet?

could have swore all of these things ive seen in the in the keynote but dont see them implemented in this GM?
    I have been waiting for this feature to work as well. The phone number works on iOS 6 beta on ipad2, but the feature was not available in the developer preview 4. Downloading the GM to see if it is an option now.

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    I have been waiting for this feature to work as well. The phone number works on iOS 6 beta on ipad2, but the feature was not available in the developer preview 4. Downloading the GM to see if it is an option now.
    seriously thought i was going crazy thinking i saw something that really wasnt there lmao.. gunna watch the keynote again cause when i pay to upgrade to ML and these advertized things are not there im going to be upset. I mean come on it works in iOS6 perfectly. I get an imessage to my phone number and it pops up on my ipad and iphone, i get a facetime i can answer it on any device even if its to my phone number.

So far im not super impressed with Mountain lion, they say twitter integration but the only thing integrated with it is posting to twitter,

Was just reading the "What's new" on the Apple site and it does say by phone number associated to Apple ID.

Side note as reading through it. You don't have to buy Lion to be on it. It says only need current version of SL and you can just buy ML.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can't wait for this excited

Thanks

Will my current Beta update to GM. Or will I have to re-intall?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

ML is going to be pretty sweet, I'm excited for some of the new features. I think I'm more excited for iOS 6 release though

Thanks
    Will the GM be updatable when the final version is released if I were to install it?
    Last edited by ceris7356; 07-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Will the GM be updatable when the final version is released if I were to install it?
    GM should be the final release