Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: New iMac Coming In October

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Report: New iMac Coming In October

If anything can steal at least some attention away from Apple's 6th generation iPhone this October.... it will be another Apple product.

According to the latest supply chain chatter burning up the blogosphere, Apple is about to put into production the next-generation iMac. And this beauty could be ready to roll out as soon as October, just as Apple will be pushing out a new iPhone and possibly other refreshed products.

Well-placed and knowledgeable sources speaking with DigiTimes say that the new iMac, which is set to begin production in earnest before the end of July, will include Retina Display. Apple has given us no previous clues as to the next iMac possibly featuring Retina Display, but Apple clearly loves ramping up the high resolution display of its many products. So if this happens, it shouldn't come as a great shocker.

"The sources pointed out that Apple is pushing Retina Display for its products in hoping to surpass its competitors in terms of screen resolution since most other notebook and tablet PC vendors are still adopting Full HD display for their products," DigiTimes reports.

So, in one regard, the sources are confirming that which we already know. Apple simply wants to gut the competition by getting so far ahead of the nearest rivals that playing catch-up will almost be too tall of an order for most, let alone actually surpassing Apple.

Source: DigiTimes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe this article should be titled with "Rumor" and not "Report"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

"And this beauty could be ready to roll out as soon as October." ... As SOON as October? Its been WELL over a year (427 days according to macrumors). I feel like the wait for any new Apple desktop is longer than the lines at Disney! I hope the mac mini is released this month. No retina display there to wait on.

Seriously, this should be a rumor! Also, why in the hell would Apple drop another power product that would conflict with people's ability to buy the new iPhone? That makes zero since whatsoever to drop a $3000+ Retina iMac and a $600 new iPhone at the same time.

Where was that pic taken? It looks like the apple store of my dreams.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'd love to git one of these for my gaming addiction

Quote Originally Posted by loismustdie555 View Post
    Where was that pic taken? It looks like the apple store of my dreams.
    Isn't all apple store a dream lol

I would love to update mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sell me yours :$

Will keep that in mind.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHavok View Post
    Seriously, this should be a rumor! Also, why in the hell would Apple drop another power product that would conflict with people's ability to buy the new iPhone? That makes zero since whatsoever to drop a $3000+ Retina iMac and a $600 new iPhone at the same time.
    I don't believe that there is a correlation between phones and computers affecting the sales of one another. I think you mean "zero sense" not since.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

I just BOUGHT my Mac back in May of 2011. So i'm not sure why they'd oped to make a refresh one?. If all there is to the refresh is a Retina Display then I see no reason to Sell mine. I paid $1200 for mine..so why spend $1600 more just for a better looking screen when i can watch it just fine. What are the OTHER specs?