• Enabled drag and drop of playlist items between the temporary playlist and the persistent media library
• Various video output improvements, notably for crop, zoom, osd and menu support
• Enabled import of playlist items taken from the service discovery modules to the media library or the temporary playlist
• Added media key support for keyboards by other manufacturers than Apple. This fix was facilitated through a hardware donation by ZF Friedrichshafen AG manufacturing keyboards under the brand “Cherry”.
• Added HiDPI / Retina Display save UI artwork
• Restored the preferences’ fullscreen options, which allows the user to start videos directly in fullscreen mode
• Keep Aspect Ratio when resizing is back
• Added controls to manipulate the Subtitles Duration to the Track Synchronization panel
• Hidden items in the sidebar are being retained for the next launch now
• Fixed crash when trying to open an Audio CD by drag & drop
• Improve reliability when opening DVDs or BDs by drag & drop
• Fixed a crash when attaching harddrives with multiple partitions while VLC is running
• Improved OSD rendering in fullscreen mode
• Improved fullscreen behavior when using a smartphone remote based upon VLC’s http interface
• The selected audio device is retained throughout multiple VLC sessions now
• Since running the Mac OS X interface as an Extra Interface or Control Interface can lead to undefined results, the respective options will be automatically reset on the first launch, if needed.
o This fixes issues with unresponsive playback controls and crashes on quit.
• Updated Growl plugin supporting Growl 1.3.
• Improved reliablity in detecting VIDEO_TS folders when opened through the “Open Disc” panel.
• Re-implemented the “Window Decorations” option, which, if disabled, hides all the UI elements from the video output window to give you the cleanest experience possible.
• Improved the window title behavior when using the dark interface mode. It correctly responds to right and double-click events now.
• Miscellaneous minor interface improvements
• PCs running Windows XP will use the DirectX mode by default now, like in VLC’s 1.1.x release due to a fast number of broken drivers
• More accurate colorspace conversions for YUV->RGB in OpenGL
• Misc fixes in the OpenGL module, on all platforms
• Fixed video output on PowerPC-based Macs equipped with an ATI Radeon 7500, an ATI Radeon 9200 or a NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Ultra.
• Fixed video output of 10bit encoded contents on Intel-based Macs equipped with an Intel GMA 950 chipset running OS X 10.6 or later.
• Reworked Digital TV module for Windows. DVB-T and DVB-C work again
• Fixes for RAR compressed files
• Fixed DirectShow crashes on exit
• Improved PulseAudio input latency
• Fixes for HTTP access through a proxy
• v4l2 webcam outputting H264 can now be used directly (use –v4l2-chroma=h264)
• Fixed Subtitle auto-detection in subfolders
• IE http proxy is no longer used by VLC on Windows
• Accepts more extensions for DVD images
• Fixed crash in VC1 packetizer
• Fixed crashes in AAC decoder on channels changes, notably in ISDB streams
• Fixed compilation with multiple FFmpeg and libav versions
• Fixed G726 support
• Fixes for MKV segments and MKV title display
• Fixed some mp4, voc, midi and au crashes
• Fixed Real .ram and .ra files support
• Fixed DVB channel file support
• Fixes for alac, vorbis, DTS, VC-1 and Dirac in mp4
• Fix for MPEG audio encoding. Use Layer2 for the FOURCCs “mp2 ” and “mp2a”
• Fixed JPEG generation when doing snapshots
Audio filters and output
• Limitation of the Spatializer output volume
• Fixed DirectSound device selection
• Correct PulseAudio volume control
• Fixed Directsound volume initialization
• Volume level is no longer applied to the file output
• Fixed sampling rate for the JACK output
• Fixes for stdin/stdout and for different locale issues
• Fixed preferences for audio devices on Windows
• Fixed various crashes
• Fixed multiple issues in the Open Disc dialog
• Fixed playlist search and selector behavior
• Miscellaneous fixes in preferences, buttons, EPG, playlist and customize dialog
• Fixed tags and file names display
• Fixed mousewheel on Windows
• Fixes for key events and focus loss
• Fixed display of some buttons
• Fixed listing of files in the Open interface