+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Generation Modbook Pro to Launch This Fall

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
If you've always wanted your very own Mac OS X tablet computer, then the new generation Modbook Pro for the MacBook Pro could be yours. It encloses all of the
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,615
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 960 Times in 703 Posts

    Default New Generation Modbook Pro to Launch This Fall


    If you've always wanted your very own Mac OS X tablet computer, then the new generation Modbook Pro for the MacBook Pro could be yours. It encloses all of the original hardware of the MacBook Pro into a sleek tablet interface and it works with the 13 inch model. After they bundle up your hardware into a nice tablet form-factor, they then make it magically work with a pen stylus and boom, you have a Mac OS X tablet.

    The Modbook Pro has a nice-looking outer shell, but behind all that beauty there are a couple of drawbacks that could make or break your decision to get one. First of all, there will no longer be an iSight Camera on your Mac. The system also takes up one of your USB ports so that now you will only have one. Last, but not least, your warranty by Apple will be voided out, but the good thing is that the company behind the Modbook Pro offers their own one-year warranty backing their product from the day you purchase it (prices have yet to be announced).

    There's no word yet on how the modification will affect the heat that is generated from MacBook Pro hardware. The MacBook Pro is known for generating a lot of heat, but with a more enclosed case such as this tablet, airflow could be crammed through an even smaller area, which is something that could cause problems if you're not careful with your usage.

    Just for the sake of having a Mac OS X tablet, the idea seems pretty neat. The touch-sensitive screen will be great for drawing and it puts Mac OS X in the same seat as the iPad except that it will offer even more power than Apple's premium tablet because the operating system can do more. Although it is an option, the iPad continues to be a slimmer and more portable solution when compared to the Modbook Pro. The company promises that the tablet version of your MacBook Pro will behave the same, offering compatibility with both Mac and Windows as it was when it was a notebook.

    Is the bottom of your MacBook Pro screen going to say, "Modbook Pro" when Fall comes around?

    Sources: Modbook Inc. via MacRumors

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This is pretty sleek... I wonder how much it would cost?

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wow, it would be cool if it had a keyboard built into a cover and it could pop out and stand like a laptop.

    Also, what's with the stylus?

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    I'm interested in this, keep us posted on the pricing please

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak? akobelev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hallandale, FL
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Looks cool, but strange that both Samsung and Microsoft came out with their version of new style table PC's. Samsung Slate looks similar to this.

  6. #6
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,906
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    It's stuff like this that are making me poor. I keep spending money on Apple products lol. All I had left to complete my collection is 1) this year's iPhone 2) an iPad and 3) an iMac. I have a MacBook Air, Macbook Pro, ATV2, and iPhone 4. Now I have to add this to my list as well. Maybe I can get this instead of an iPad. Trying to think if I would ever need both an iPad and an OS X tablet...

  7. #7
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    I wish I had money to spend lol, I just got laid off and I'm completely broke, I have an iPhone 4S, an iPhone 4 which my sister is using, and an iPhone 3Gs which my brother is using, I want to buy an iPad 3 and a MacBook pro, I'm working on a theme which I'm hoping will bring me in some money

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic PatrickGSR94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts

    Looks just like the stylus that comes with Wacom Cintiq touch-screen displays.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Not liking the stylus very much. I like the idea of it but this isn't the greatest result. I don't think I could ever but an expensive MBP and turn it into that for even more money while taking away some good things on it. Just not for me.

  10. #10
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Not liking the stylus very much. I like the idea of it but this isn't the greatest result. I don't think I could ever but an expensive MBP and turn it into that for even more money while taking away some good things on it. Just not for me.
    im sure you could still use your fingers, lol, i doubt the screen only reacts to the stylus

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    im sure you could still use your fingers, lol, i doubt the screen only reacts to the stylus
    I'm sure you can use your fingers, but it's not going to be the same. This was built for stylus accuracy, using your fingers isn't going to be the same as using an iPad.

  12. #12
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    cool it with the hostility, why do ppl get in here and talk crap, most people do look for stands when it comes to tablets, its not a moronic idea, why do you think microsoft has there upcoming tablet standard with a stand, and they also have a case with a full keyboard on the inside, its not moronic
    Last edited by EVO; 06-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    interesting!!! can't wait

  14. #14
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    I wish I had money to spend lol, I just got laid off and I'm completely broke, I have an iPhone 4S, an iPhone 4 which my sister is using, and an iPhone 3Gs which my brother is using, I want to buy an iPad 3 and a MacBook pro, I'm working on a theme which I'm hoping will bring me in some money
    Wow! u already don't have a job and still focusing on buying iPad 3 and macbook pro. Live within your means bro! Thats why america is full of debt! People are so confuse on what they want and what they really needs, lol. Immatures!

  15. #15
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    lol, just because i dont have a job doesnt mean i dont make money "bro," and the reason i dont have it is because i dont have the means for it, im going to buy it once i start working again, my job is seasonal, and the reason i have no money is because i help my parents pay bills, so instead of assuming other are immature, why dont you look in a mirror, people struggle, i work my *** off while im working, i work 12-15 hrs a day when im working, mon-fri, i make my money, and i help support a family, im more responsible than you think, im not focused on buying those right now, i simply stated i want to purchase them, have anything else to say?

  16. #16
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    lol, just because i dont have a job doesnt mean i dont make money "bro," and the reason i dont have it is because i dont have the means for it, im going to buy it once i start working again, my job is seasonal, and the reason i have no money is because i help my parents pay bills, so instead of assuming other are immature, why dont you look in a mirror, people struggle, i work my *** off while im working, i work 12-15 hrs a day when im working, mon-fri, i make my money, and i help support a family, im more responsible than you think, im not focused on buying those right now, i simply stated i want to purchase them, have anything else to say?
    Well I am just stating an opinion. I am financially stable and living my life above average because I was able to control my desire regarding materialistic things early on. I am 25 yo and have to say I am living my life better than lots of middle age people. Well sorry if I offended you but I guess I just drew a hasty conclusion. I used to helped my family financially a lot and I still am once in a while. So I apologize, I know its a difficult role. My point is that it bothers me if people are trying to live above their means, and sorry if I over generalized and picked on you. Nevertheless, I see lots of people like that here thats why. I visit this website because I find their article very informative and I am part of the jailbreak community too. LOl bro, anyweiz, I am sorry. peace out.

  17. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    lol, just because i dont have a job doesnt mean i dont make money "bro," and the reason i dont have it is because i dont have the means for it, im going to buy it once i start working again, my job is seasonal, and the reason i have no money is because i help my parents pay bills, so instead of assuming other are immature, why dont you look in a mirror, people struggle, i work my *** off while im working, i work 12-15 hrs a day when im working, mon-fri, i make my money, and i help support a family, im more responsible than you think, im not focused on buying those right now, i simply stated i want to purchase them, have anything else to say?
    He never said you don't deserve the stuff I think he's just saying not to go into debt if you can cause that's a huge mistake. He meant no offense.

  18. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 170 Times in 122 Posts

    Wow..so is this a "standalone" device or what?? Oh wait I have internet let me check: The Modbook Pro’s configurable base system includes a 2.5GHz dual core Intel® Core™ i5 processor or 2.9GHz dual core Intel Core i7 processor, up to 16GB of RAM, a 2.5–inch SATA drive (up to 1TB HDD or up to 960GB SSD), an 8X SuperDrive® DVD burner, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 chipset, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity capability, a built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery and a 60W MagSafe® power adapter.1...I also found out you can partition in to dual boot OS X and Win7 win win for anyone! I WANT ONE NOW!!

  19. #19
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Well I am just stating an opinion. I am financially stable and living my life above average because I was able to control my desire regarding materialistic things early on. I am 25 yo and have to say I am living my life better than lots of middle age people. Well sorry if I offended you but I guess I just drew a hasty conclusion. I used to helped my family financially a lot and I still am once in a while. So I apologize, I know its a difficult role. My point is that it bothers me if people are trying to live above their means, and sorry if I over generalized and picked on you. Nevertheless, I see lots of people like that here thats why. I visit this website because I find their article very informative and I am part of the jailbreak community too. LOl bro, anyweiz, I am sorry. peace out.
    no worries, i appreciate the respect, and i live above average too, im happy with where i am lol, theres a lot i do without, im work with kids in sports, which is why its only seasonal, while im not working there im helping a friend with her photography business, but its not good money, im just helping her get it started, i just hate when i see all the hatred inside the jailbreak community, all i see are arguments in the forums, and its supposed to be to help each other out, although there should be debates and thats totally cool but there is a respectful way to do it, and thats what i like to see, thank you

  20. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    I'm using the new chrome browser for iOS, surfing modmyi to check it out. I think there is something wrong with it....

    It says I'm on modmyi, but it seems I am actually on a Dr. Phil forum.....strange.
    El Zurdo

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts