+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Parallels Running Birthday Sale Promotion and Giveaway, Get Parallels for $28

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Parallels Running Birthday Sale Promotion and Giveaway, Get Parallels for $28

Parallels, the popular virtual desktop application, is celebrating its sixth birthday today, and to mark the occasion the company is running some pretty awesome promotions.

The price for parallels right now is $28 and will increase 5% every two hours, which is over $50 off the retail price of $79. Jump on this quick. Like now. For those not familiar with Parallels, it is an award-winning system virtualization software that allows Mac users to run windows programs without rebooting.

Parallels is also running a “party favor” giveaway for those who share the deal on Facebook or Twitter. Those who share the deal could possibly win an iPad 3, Parallels Mobile, or Parallels 7 for Mac.

The deal started at 9 a.m. PST and will continue until Parallels reaches the full price.

Source: Parallels [via 9to5Mac]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

... its not the parallels price i care about having to pay for.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

I'm sure they have been pushing the lower prices a lot just to get a lot of people to buy it. Then wait, windows 8 comes out, people want that, parallels 8 gets way better support for windows 8 so people will have to upgrade again and pay them a ton of money since they are dumb and don't give free upgrades.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a bad business move on their part, but for those who have been sitting on the fence about parallels, and ened it now, they can have the advantage of only paying the upgrade price when parallels 8 comes out instead of simply waiting for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I attempted many times to stop Parallels from spamming me with continuing offers. Nothing ever stopped them until I called by phone and very firmly told them to get me off their list. You have be nasty with them to get any reaction. Very poor customer service.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wouldn't buy into this "deal". When Mountain Lion is released in the next week or two you will have to buy Parallels all over again!!! Just look at their past history
    Last edited by efi2nr; 06-28-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    I wouldn't buy into this "deal". When Mountain Lion is released in the next week or two you will have to buy Parallels all over again!!! Just look at their past history
    One of their support and a few other people running dev ML build said it runs fine on ML.

What history. Times it was an issue was when needing to upgrade cause apple began phasing out old code.

Green Apple
    Thanks

History meaning they have charged for updates in the past not meaning they have a bad history. There is a new OS coming in the next week or two plus they have P8 in beta right now from what I have seen and people jumping on this deal may have to pay again soon to update. So it may not be as good of a deal as it seems. Like getting 3GS on contract for cheap and then finding out the 4s is coming in two months. Sorry if it seemed like I was unhappy with the company, I'm not, I'm just not sure it's that good of a deal

Green Apple
    Thanks

It says previews and betas not full versions. I contacted one of their reps this morning and they gave me the same link. I then asked if we would have to pay an update fee to use it once ML is fully release and they said they couldn't answer that right now. Maybe someone from Parallels will clarify

Thanks

Well they are updated for the previews and beta because a final version has not come out. If they have 7 running on ML then I highly doubt they will not make it work in a month. Yes they make you pay for an update to full version jumps but so does a ton of other software.

Even then I usually wait for specials before updating or upgrading. I just jumped from 5 to 7 a few weeks ago because of Macupdate's bundle.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Parallels, very useful! Best Windows machine I've ever had: MBP w/Parallels running Win 7

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Personally I think I'd rather have windows 7 then windows 8 so I am going to buy this parallel

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i've never used the function, but won't the mac run windows anyway?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i've never used the function, but won't the mac run windows anyway?
    Yes, you can use bootcamp to boot into Windows. But some people only need to use one or two apps so they don't want to reboot to use windows then reboot again to get back on OSX. This lets you run windows while in OSX.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Virtualbox = FREE