Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Beta Allows Apple TV Users to Reorder their Icons

Thanks

Default iOS 6 Beta Allows Apple TV Users to Reorder their Icons

Apple TV owners who enjoy customization may be in for some good news as the latest beta version of iOS 6 allows users to reorder the icons on the main menu page. Originally noted by the folks over at MacMagazine.com.br, the feature is accessed by holding down the center Select button on the remote for several seconds, after which the selected icon begins to wiggle as seen on iOS devices when in reorder/delete mode. This wiggling icon can be moved by using the directional buttons on the remote, with the other icons adjusting to automatically reorder themselves based on which direction you move in. You can watch the video below to see it in action:

One of the differences in reordering the icons on the Apple TV and reordering them on other iOS devices is that the lack of a touch interface means that only one icon can be selected and moved at a time. As some of you may have noticed, when touching any icon for several seconds, all icons begin to wiggle and multiple icons can be moved or deleted before exiting the mode. Unfortunately, there isnít any sign of an ability to delete or hide unused icons on the Apple TV menu as of right now.

As of right now, holding the Select button for several seconds puts the device to sleep and it isnít clear whether this functionality is being removed or reassigned to a different shortcut on the remote. Weíll have to wait and see upon final release or further evidence.

Source: MacMagazine.com.br

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I still don't see why there is no app store for the Apple TV yet - one of the few reasons why I don't own one yet.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I still don't see why there is no app store for the Apple TV yet - one of the few reasons why I don't own one yet.
    If anything, they'd add it to a newer generation of device if you know how Apple rolls.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Which is a good question now that the ATV3 supports 1080P and has quad-core graphics, Where is the ATV AppStore???

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Ask Apple that question lol. It'd be nice to see it come to the ATV...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Banned
    Thanks

If you go into settings and parental controls you can now hide buttons you dont use.
    And instead of holding the select button to turn it off you now hold the play button.

Too bad you cannot yet hide the icons you don't use regularly but that is nice that you can move them around and rearrange.

Haha pretty funny how you all refer to it as atv.. I hope im not the only one knows what a real atv is haha..

I bet apples waiting for more devs p get on board so when they reveal the AppStore for the apple tv they can show off some new games that have functionality with iPads and iPhones as remotes

Only if most subscribers had an idea of the unlimited potential of a JailBroken ATV.... #PriceLess!

Finally! I'd like for the ones I use the most to be at the top! Not the bottom!