+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Wozniak Spotted Visiting MegaUpload Founder Kim DotCom in New Zealand

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Steve Wozniak Spotted Visiting MegaUpload Founder Kim DotCom in New Zealand

While being bombarded with several claims in a fairly public battle with the U.S. government over legality issues, the founder of MegaUpload, Kim DotCom, has found himself gaining support from some pretty important people, including Steve Wozniak. According to CNET, Wozniak took time to visit Kim DotCom while on a trip to New Zealand.

The folks over at CNET mentioned the following:

During a trip to New Zealand last month, Wozniak stopped by DotCom’s home outside Auckland and took several photographs with the MegaUpload founder who is also the man accused by the United States of criminal copyright violations, money laundering and wire fraud. The United States is trying to extradite DotCom and a hearing in New Zealand to decide the matter is scheduled for August.
    Wozniak isn’t the only high profile support that the MegaUpload founder has been seen and supported by. Others in the list include EFF, Kim Kardashian, Will.i.am, and Alicia Keys. The U.S. Government is currently trying to extradite DotCom from New Zealand so they can try and prosecute him for “masterminding a worldwide file-sharing service that U.S. authorities say cost the record and entertainment industry half-a-billion dollars by enabling copyright infringement on an international scale.”

The case seems quite vague and pretty shady to begin with but it isn’t much of a surprise to see DotCom getting a lot of public support. The support even extends to a New Zealand judge who is demanding that the U.S. hand over evidence.

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    It loooks like Kim only has one arm

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Wozniak isn’t the only high profile support that the MegaUpload founder has been seen and supported by. Others in the list include EFF, Kim Kardashian, Will.i.am, and Alicia Keys.
    Kim Kardashian is "high profile" now?

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap! Is Steve a midget or is that other guy a giant?!

Edit: okay. Steve isn't a midget. Kim is 6'6".
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 06-22-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

Wow..I thought this saga was over?? Guess not haha! I like how in the last article I read about Kim it said that our government took the site down. I could swear i've used it since

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve looks very short compared to the other guy

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I still really don't think it's hit fault that people uploaded and downloaded illegal content to his website, that was a coice of their own, not his. That place had so many uploads, it would take years to moderate it all.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad they lost all that money, just bunch of rich a$$holes complaining cause they could have had more money for themselves. It's not like Kim could monitor every single thing that got put up or downloaded. Hopefully it just ends with Kim staying in New Zealand and the record companies/entertainment industries wiping tears away.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'm glad they lost all that money, just bunch of rich a$$holes complaining cause they could have had more money for themselves. It's not like Kim could monitor every single thing that got put up or downloaded. Hopefully it just ends with Kim staying in New Zealand and the record companies/entertainment industries wiping tears away.
    You do realize that not everyone that sells music is rich, right?

So weird how excited people get for other's misfortune.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

WOZ looks like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post

Did I say, "everyone" in my comment? No. I specifically pointed out, "rich a$$holes".........

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post

Not everyone who sells music is rich, but the people who sell music that aren't rich probably aren't getting a lot of their music stolen because, well, that means their music is **** (read: not popular). If you make content that people want you don't have to worry about piracy because people throw their money at you anyway. If you don't, well, you will be a poor musician with or without piracy.

And by the way... it's not even the "poor musicians" that are pissing and moaning here. This is the multi-billion dollar companies. A lot of the struggling musicians actually CONDONE sharing their music with friends just to get their name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    WOZ looks like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.
    Do the dwarves in LOTR look different than the dwarves in [insert fantasy chronicle here]?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    He did also get hit with insider trading and embezzlement, unless I am mistaken. Those two things are pretty hard to blame on anyone but yourself.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    He did also get hit with insider trading and embezzlement, unless I am mistaken. Those two things are pretty hard to blame on anyone but yourself.
    Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks for the info!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thats not Kim Dotcom.. Just Saying. He is an asian man.. LOLzz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg84 View Post
    Thats not Kim Dotcom.. Just Saying. He is an asian man.. LOLzz
    Nope, completely wrong if you're being serious.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

But I seriously think he's innocent since he really can't control what people put on there. MediaFire and all those other sites do it, and they don't get into the kind of trouble he does.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.