Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blizzard to Optimize Diablo III for new MacBook Pro Retina Display

Thanks

Default Blizzard to Optimize Diablo III for new MacBook Pro Retina Display

The developers at Blizzard have recently indicated that they are working on further improvements to the blockbuster game “Diablo III” that are specific to Apple’s latest notebook. According to an official statement, Blizzard mentioned that it was “pleased” that Apple decided to include Diablo III in their keynote presentation at the Worldwide Developers Conference last week and they’d like to improve the resolution to match that of the Retina Display found on the new MacBooks.

"While we can confirm that the game runs natively on and takes full advantage of the full screen resolution for the new MacBook Pro, we need to do some work to optimize it for windowed mode on the new system," the developer said. "We will provide our Mac players with an update when we have further details to share."

The title currently runs around 30 frames per second when playing at the highest possible resolution of 2,880 by 1,800 found on the new Retina Display MacBook with all settings on high and anti-aliasing disabled. During last week’s WWDC keynote, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing, Phil Schiller, highlighted Diablo III as one application that would benefit from the new Retina Display on the next-generation MacBook pro. “You’re going to see a gaming experience with this resolution unlike any you have ever seen before,” Schiller told the audience.

It was also revealed that Apple had been working with “key developers” prior to the announcement to help ensure that their software looks up to standard on the new Retina Display. Although Blizzard’s game was flaunted on the stage, Schiller never mentioned Apple working with the developer regarding Diablo III’s performance on the new MacBook Pro and Blizzard didn’t answer any questions about how closely they worked either.

Among the highlighted applications that were shown as having Retina Display-compatible versions were Adobe’s Photoshop and Autodesk’s AutoCAD. According to Schiller, the development team at Adobe is doing “amazing work” on a version of Photoshop that consumers will find “jaw-dropping,” while the updated AutoCAD will allow “a level of detailed work and design never possible on a notebook before.” Apple’s native applications in OS X already take advantage of the new Retina Display of the new MacBook Pro, with separate updates also being available for Aperture, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and iPhoto.

Looks like there will people who have the new MacBook Pro have more reason to be happy with their purchase and those who were on the fence will now have a better reason to favor the purchase.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wonder if I can show my wife this and she will git me a new one. Lol fingers crossed to hoping

Off topic but is it possible to play D3 on a MBA? I know I can share a drive to get the gamer installed but will I have to keep sharing the drive to play? If it works on the new BMPwRD will it work on the air?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

It should play on the air. You don't need a cd in the drive to play. You can also download the installer online through battle.net.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Buddy has an air and plays good no lag at all. And as above if ya buy and download the installer like I did you don't need the cd to play it

Quote Originally Posted by wirelessdeo View Post
    Off topic but is it possible to play D3 on a MBA? I know I can share a drive to get the gamer installed but will I have to keep sharing the drive to play? If it works on the new BMPwRD will it work on the air?
    Why would you need to share the drive? Just use the web installer and it'll download the game.

Thanks

Diablo sucks!!!!