Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Kicks Off New Employee Discount Program

Thanks

Default Apple Kicks Off New Employee Discount Program

It was previously announced by Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, that employees would be able to take advantage of a new major Mac and iPad discount program at some point in June this year. Keeping to his word, Apple recently started the new program that gives Apple employees the ability to purchase Macs with a $500 discount (excluding the Mac Mini) and iPads with a $250 discount through Apple’s internal employee portal. The discounts come on top of the already-existing 25% discounts, which should leave quite a bit of employees happy and many potential job hunters interested. Unfortunately, the employees won’t have the ability to purchase a Retina Display MacBook Pro but that may or may not change in the future.

There are some contingencies to the program though, as employees are only able to take advantage of the offer once every three years and must also be with the company for at least three months before taking up the offer. The employee discount program is an added icing on the cake though as employees should also be seeing scheduled retail raises. Currently some employees have reported to already have been rewarded their raises with speculation claiming a raise of up to 30% more than the previous salaries. The general average seems to be a raise between $2 and $4 for hourly workers with the value changing depending on store performance and the performance of individuals within stores.

The employee discount program as a whole may be very appealing to both current and prospective employees as it will likely motivate them to work harder. Usually, when an individual has an incentive to do well, they will step up to the plates with their A-Game and Apple employees are likely to be doing that going forward. Overall, it seems Cook made a pretty smart move to enhance the success of its retail stores.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks
    can i skip high school to get a job at apple?

Quote Originally Posted by psp257 View Post
    can i skip high school to get a job at apple?
    Do you want to be a bum for the rest of your life? What happens if you get fired? You don't have a diploma lmao. I'll see you at McDonalds!

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Do you want to be a bum for the rest of your life? What happens if you get fired? You don't have a diploma lmao. I'll see you at McDonalds!
    Annnnnnd a person who quits high school, works at Apple, gets fired, becomes a bum because they dont have a diploma ? There are A LOT of self made rich people out there w/o a diploma.

I can tell you are one of the sharper tools in the shed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I got to the 3rd interview stage for one of the CT stores (the one where you are being interviewed with 2 others), NAILED the interview, and lost the job to the 2 other candidates. One was a much older woman with an IT background... Fair enough. The other one, I kid you not, was a thuggy ethnic woman who showed up in a SUIT AND TIE, had no knowledge of Apple products whatsoever, showed no genuine interest and had a work history that consisted only of BABYSITTING. I'm not exaggerating here. This was the only interview I had in my life where I was being completely sincere and enthusiastic, and I could have answered probably any device-related question they threw at me.

I hate to say it, but this is what happens when you are the "wrong" demographic. Wrong meaning late-20s white male. Sigh. Back to making coffee at 5am. Ugh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONVBMW View Post
    Annnnnnd a person who quits high school, works at Apple, gets fired, becomes a bum because they dont have a diploma ? There are A LOT of self made rich people out there w/o a diploma.

I can tell you are one of the sharper tools in the shed.
    e.g. What's that guys name again...Steve something?
    Sent From My iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I got to the 3rd interview stage for one of the CT stores (the one where you are being interviewed with 2 others), NAILED the interview, and lost the job to the 2 other candidates. One was a much older woman with an IT background... Fair enough. The other one, I kid you not, was a thuggy ethnic woman who showed up in a SUIT AND TIE, had no knowledge of Apple products whatsoever, showed no genuine interest and had a work history that consisted only of BABYSITTING. I'm not exaggerating here. This was the only interview I had in my life where I was being completely sincere and enthusiastic, and I could have answered probably any device-related question they threw at me.

I hate to say it, but this is what happens when you are the "wrong" demographic. Wrong meaning late-20s white male. Sigh. Back to making coffee at 5am. Ugh.
    Perhaps they sensed you were the type of guy to use phrases like "thuggy ethnic woman?"

👀

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Now that's funny.

What's wrong with you people that want to skip high school to work at an apple store ? Even I want to work there but you need qualifications at least a diploma . You need like PC technician courses and others. This is my opinion

Soooo your saying you were a better choice then that thuggy women? Why do you say that? And what's a thuggy person?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimizu1006 View Post
    e.g. What's that guys name again...Steve something?
    I really hope you aren't referring to Jobs, because he graduated high school..

Surprising they haven't received big raises some time ago with apple rolling in the dough and their stores being wildly over crowded every time i go in them.

I liked the once a year program better. We got some great deals over the years going back to the half moon imac.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, wish I could afford to work at the Apple Store. Guess I'll have to just pay full freight for the iMac instead.

What's bizarre, is that you even have that kind of information about another interviewee. For any professional interview I've ever gone on, I've never even met another interviewee. And the interviewer certainly never shared any information about the other interviewees. Sounds like either a breach of confidentiality and company policy, or you are exaggerating, embellishing, or lying for some particular agenda.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope. You are all interviewed in front of each other. You can get mad at me all you want for suggesting it, but the agenda is clearly existent on the company's side, not mine. I witnessed a completely unqualified person get a job that I would have excelled at, and that even showed plainly. This bitterness on my part has only come out since receiving the denial letter. It was not present when I was there. Sorry for using "thuggy" but it's the only way I know how to describe someone who talks in ebonics during an interview. There is no denying that companies do this, and getting pissy at me for suggesting it is absurd. Look at their products, their webite, their adds, and their employee cutouts in the windows of the stores. They trying to be as diverse as possible, almost unrealistically so. That's completely fine, in fact, it's a good thing. But don't force it to the point where you're screwng over someone that could probably handle working the Genius Bar without even being trained and genuinely WANTS to be there. I have friends who work for several of the stores and they're all completely flabbergasted by this.

It's nice that an employer would give such a large discount to its employees to buy highly desired devices.

I hate to say it, but this is what happens when you are the "wrong" demographic. Wrong meaning late-20s white male.
    Yeah, never see anyone like that working at Apple. damn! if only you were "ethnic".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well the girl in the pic sure looks happy lol.

Sign me up to work for Apple!

Wow Apple actually hired a Latina!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast