Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn CEO: iPhone 5 "Will Put Samsung Galaxy S III to Shame"

Thanks

Default Foxconn CEO: iPhone 5 "Will Put Samsung Galaxy S III to Shame"

Chief Executive Officer Terry Gou of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., which is better known as Foxconn, was found telling customers to disregard Samsung’s recently-released Galaxy S III smartphone and wait for the upcoming iPhone 5 instead. The whole ordeal came up during Hon Hai’s annual stockholder’s meeting where Gou mentioned a number of strategies that allow the company to “beat” Samsung within the next three to five years, according to a report from Focus Taiwan.

When referring to the iPhone 5, Gou said that “the model will put Samsung’s Galaxy III to shame,” with the main point of the message being Foxconn’s ambition to overtake Samsung in every electronic market that both companies compete in. With that being said, Gou noted a strategic alliance with Japanese electronics manufacturer, Sharp. The CEO’s goal is to mold the cutting edge technology available from Sharp with Foxconn’s production capacity to yield a product that is several years ahead of anything Samsung can create. This was seen as Foxconn became Sharp’s single largest shareholder after it purchased 10% stake in the Japanese company.

The purchase was an attempt to boost demand for products coming out of Sharp’s 10th-generation LCD plant in Sakai. This factory alone makes 60-inch and 80-inch class LCD panels and happens to have an exclusive deal with American firm Corning to use its Gorilla Glass in large format applications. Foxconn is said to begin operating the Sakai factory starting on July 1, with talks to buy more shares, although no official statement regarding the information has been made.

Based on a report from the China Times, it is Gou’s lifetime goal to defeat Samsung, a company that he claims has “a track record of snitching on its competitors.” In his statement, the CEO made a reference to the whistleblower role taken by Samsung in the European Commission’s 2010 flat-panel price fixing investigation of four Taiwanese companies. Gou even went as far as saying that he has “respect [for] the Japanese and especially like their execution and communication styles. Unlike the Koreans, they will not hit you from behind.”

Whether or not his statements have any validity or not, will be seen upon the release of the iPhone 5 in the coming future.

Source: China Times, Focus Taiwan
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 06-21-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I really don't doubt this

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

as long as the phone looks nothing like all the mockups we've been seeing, I'll be happy.

Don't put too much thought into it. What else is an iPhone manufacturer going to say?

Banned
    Thanks

I very highly doubt ANY iPhone will outdo any Galaxy phone.
    Even the Galaxy 1 is better than the 4S and I bet it will still be better than the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

If they want the iPhone 5 to be better they better start putting in most of the features jailbreakers use and jailbreak their iPhones for.
    As all Android phones can do just about everything a jailbroken iPhone can I cant really see any iPhone becoming better than any Android in the near future.

They also better change the design. Every Galaxy looks different from the previous model something Apple doesn't know anything about as most iPhones look the same. The GUI hasn't changed at all from iPhone 1 all the way to iPhone 4S and IOS1 to IOS5.
    Have a look at Androids first releases and the latest (Ice Cream Sandwich) and you will see its completely different. All Apple did was put in a background.

SO to end my little rant there is no way any iPhone will ever be better than any Galaxy until its got most of the jailbroken features built into the IOS. Till then Galaxy will always be better and years ahead of the latest iPhone. The guy is just trying to sell his company instead of facing reality and realizing its making another crap phone thats limited to only Apples imagination instead of the customers.
    We want OUR OWN Phone not Apples. At least Samsung make a phone that is user friendly.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Even the Galaxy 1 is better than the 4S and I bet it will still be better than the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

If they want the iPhone 5 to be better they better start putting in most of the features jailbreakers use and jailbreak their iPhones for.
    As all Android phones can do just about everything a jailbroken iPhone can I cant really see any iPhone becoming better than any Android in the near future.

They also better change the design. Every Galaxy looks different from the previous model something Apple doesn't know anything about as most iPhones look the same. The GUI hasn't changed at all from iPhone 1 all the way to iPhone 4S and IOS1 to IOS5.
    Have a look at Androids first releases and the latest (Ice Cream Sandwich) and you will see its completely different. All Apple did was put in a background.

SO to end my little rant there is no way any iPhone will ever be better than any Galaxy until its got most of the jailbroken features built into the IOS. Till then Galaxy will always be better and years ahead of the latest iPhone. The guy is just trying to sell his company instead of facing reality and realizing its making another crap phone thats limited to only Apples imagination instead of the customers.
    We want OUR OWN Phone not Apples. At least Samsung make a phone that is user friendly.
    Apple just didn't add a background to iOS. they did do a lot more things such as iCloud and other fascinating things. and the only reason the iPhone designs don't change much, so they stand out and make a point on how sleek they are. and another thing about iOS, quite a lot of people do not like change in a phone's OS, new features are welcome, but the if the main look and feel do not feel right, less and less will like it. and why change something if it works? as i quote from Jobs himself: "The iPhone just 'works'" and also look at iOS 6. How do you not think that is somewhat revolutionary? with passport and its other features? i end my case

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The purchase was an attempt to boost demand for products coming out of Samsung’s 10th-generation LCD plant in Sakai.
    That should read Sharp, not Samsung.

My god Apple handles competition like a whiny problematic child, find another Asian guy to say the things you want to say but can't because of how it'll be interpreted... Thats a low-ball strategy, if the iPhone5 is going to be that awesome then what's the need for this? I've bought every iPhone and iPad, apart from the devices getting smaller and smaller I haven't seen all that much improvement, the more they say they improved upon something it basically translates to less battery life. The jailbreak community is proof of how Apple limits their own devices so they can add one new tweak with each new device when they could have done it years ago the first time around. It's a phone, it makes calls, unless it can walk my dog for me there isn't much difference from any other smartphone beyond practical means apart from the Apple logo on it which serves as no more than a shout for attention for Apple fanboys. If it wasn't for the jailbreak I wouldn't even buy their devices..

i loved all my iphones from the first one to my 4s but i also doubt this the iphone lacks too many simple features that would make it better than a galaxy. It took them 5 phones to finally give us a bigger screen and 100 ios releases to add something as simple as the notification center and even then the notification center is garbage without the jailbreak community, but i guess well just wait and see

Go Apple! Smash that Samsung!

The reason why the galaxy looks different every time because they just can't get it right... There's not too much you can change about perfection I'm just saying... I owned the G1 & loved it, but then they changed the OS & I haven't liked it ever since....

Lmao to shame I dont think so but I hope it is better than the Galaxy S3. I agree with a post earlier that the Galaxy s1 was better than the Iphone 4S but for the sake of competition the new Iphone better be a beast. I hope Windows Phone8 phones are a beast too just like the newest Android phones are. As long as things are like this it forces everyone to put the best into their products to get our dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    The reason why the galaxy looks different every time because they just can't get it right... There's not too much you can change about perfection I'm just saying... I owned the G1 & loved it, but then they changed the OS & I haven't liked it ever since....
    The Iphone isnt the best looking smart phone to me. There are others that are better looking but it is a nice looking phone cant doubt that. I miss the volume of accessories that come with having an Iphone and soon my wife will too. If Apple would stop being stubborn and give people what they want and not wait years untill everyone else has it I would happily come back. Cant argue that Apple makes more pofit than others by far so untill the competion takes enough of a bite out of apples wallet they wont change a thing wich i cant blame then for. Well at there are manufacturers that still give me what I want. Ill still buy apple products for now (4 children 2 shool age) but none for me rite now
    Last edited by khaf; 06-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.

i'm glad for the competition between apple, samsung, windows and others. we as consumers can pick and choose the phone we like. if a company doesn't offer what we want, we can choose something else. i'm also glad apple hasn't made native apps that have been created by the awesome jailbreak community. otherwise, why jailbreak? jailbreaking is fun. we do it because we like to. i'm looking forward to owning a different phone - not because i don't like my iphone - but because there are other very good phones out there and apple needs a wake up call.

i'm referring to the declining customer service i've personally experienced with apple. i was two seconds away from purchasing another iphone when i decided to look elsewhere because of the horrible customer service. i like the iphone, but i like having options more.
    Last edited by hank197857; 06-21-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: explanation

I think only time will tell.... But on the other hand if they do not come out with something really good i will be one of those users looking for better hardware, like the new galaxy!!! This could all be a marketing strategy so iPhone users like myself dont leave Apple Products for something else. I love apple and i use them for all my gadgets but when it comes to the phone IMO i believe they fell behind a couple years ago!!!

Thanks

i'm sure he is talking about pure numbers and i'm sure the iphone 5 sales figures will put the samsung numbers to shame. nothing new there, iphone outsells pretty much every single model of other devices.

when the iphone is no longer jailbreakable then i would have to switch to android

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Obviously iPhones going to better than the knock of Samsuck have released. S3 is a ugly POS for jealous Apple haters.

Don't worry I won't buy samsung....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

"If it's not broke, don't fix it."

Changing the GUI would confuse the majority of users who don't embrace change. Apple make many alterations but these we witness in more discrete forms such as iCloud, Battery Improvements, Maps and the revamp of the App Store. You need to make your mind up on what your comparing... hardware is very different to software.

Also, how can you say that iPhones all look the same? The 4 and 4S... fair enough, but that's because the 4S is just an extension on the iPhone 4, it's not supposed to look different and in my opinion, the shiny glass surfaces and smaller, smarter design of the iPhone is much nicer than that of the SGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Murbina86 View Post
    when the iphone is no longer jailbreakable then i would have to switch to android
    Amen Brother...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast