Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Report Brief iCloud Outage

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Users Report Brief iCloud Outage

If you haven't heard about the iCloud outage today, it's probably because someone tried to send you the news via iMessage

As it turns out, Apple saw ghosts of MobileMe today as the iCloud service temporarily dipped Wednesday, leaving innumerable iDevice users without access to or reliance upon a host of services and features.

Yours truly began receiving reader tips and comments regarding the outage before much was widely known about the situation - which did not impact all users.

For a brief time today, the Apple iCloud support page confirmed the trouble in question. "Users may have been unable to access iCloud services," the page now reads, adding that "Normal service has been restored."

As of this writing, it isn't clear how widespread the outage was or what may have triggered the glitch in the
    first place. Perhaps more concerning to some, however, is the fact that the outage so closely mirrored familiar troubles with MobileMe, the predecessor to today's iCloud service.

We will keep you posted on any additional news and insights as they emerge. But for now, all seems to be fine and dandy in iCloud-land.

Source: Apple iCloud Support

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    If you haven't heard about the iCloud outage today, it's probably because someone tried to send you the news via iMessage
    So an iCloud outage would cause iMessage to not work? If so, that would explain why I've been having problems with some of my iMessages not sending today.

That does explain things...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I don't use iCloud and haven't sent a text all day wonder if I missed any sent to me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would assume that if iMessage was down, texts would just default to being sent as normal texts.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I would assume that if iMessage was down, texts would just default to being sent as normal texts.
    I would think so but I sent iMessages that never delivered even though it appeared that they did.

Thanks

My iMessage worked for me today
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I couldn't send email today....