Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple Holding Massive Retail Meeting Next Sunday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Rumor: Apple Holding Massive Retail Meeting Next Sunday

According to well-placed insiders at Apple, an expansive and nationwide retail strategy meeting is being planned by Apple. And based on the information presently available, this meeting will take place this coming Sunday.

The meeting is said to be highly important with "all-hands-on-deck" required. That's according to our friends at Apple Insider who received the tip regarding Apple's hush-hush retail-related meeting, which will reportedly include a link-up to Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California so that all retail employees can hear what they need to hear straight from the powers-that-be.

At this time, there is no legitimate evidence to believe that the meeting foreshadows an immediate refresh of any major product or software. So it's a real head-scratcher as to why such elaborate steps are being taken for a huge meeting.

Nonetheless, it appears that the meeting in question will take place late Sunday evening, possibly lasting until 11:00 pm. In Boston, there is even talk of Apple renting a movie theater in the city so that all employees can view the corporate spiel in an adequately spacious environment to soak in all that comes from headquarters.

Source: Apple Insider

So, what is the average time frame of a release after they talk to the retailers? Perhaps the Galaxy 3 release has forced Apple to release before October? That would be smart. I, myself have been contemplating jumping to SG3. If I dont have to wait 4 more months for the iphone, I might just stay with apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    So, what is the average time frame of a release after they talk to the retailers? Perhaps the Galaxy 3 release has forced Apple to release before October? That would be smart. I, myself have been contemplating jumping to SG3. If I dont have to wait 4 more months for the iphone, I might just stay with apple.

That would make sense to release early i myself do not want to wait 4 months but will if i have to i will.

I would really like to see Apple do a early release the need is there to warrant it i do not want to wait 4more months but i will if i have to.
    Last edited by tridley68; 06-18-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what is your reason to think about a switch to the S3? just to get a bigger screen? or the lousy menues?

Quote Originally Posted by stellan0r View Post
    what is your reason to think about a switch to the S3? just to get a bigger screen? or the lousy menues?
    Im kind of on the same boat, waiting for this next iphone is a killer especially since im stuck on a 9780 until... The s3 is going to be the best iphone along side the iphone this year I would say so i believe quite a few will jump on board android just to avoid waiting anymore. If they came out at similair dates I would get the iphone in a heartbeat though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Damn image shack

Rumor Confirmed
    Last edited by hybirdd; 06-18-2012 at 11:33 AM.

The wait for this iPhone seems the longest due to the lacking updates in the 4s and recent release date change to the holiday versus spring/summer

It would be highly unlikely (ie, a manufacturing impossibility) to adjust a (remaining) production schedule by 25% or more (assuming october is a delivery date and four months away) if the decision was based upon a competitors product release and not production itself being way ahead of schedule. Again, unless production has been way ahead of schedule for months, a compression now would be unlikely. Shipping time (cargo) takes about three weeks, so now you're looking at adjusting a remaining production schedule of about three months.
    Last edited by GeoffS4; 06-18-2012 at 11:49 AM.

As much as I'd love that to be a possibility, I couldn't see the mass of employees knowing about that before an actual presentation of the release. Leaks would be enormous and couldn't be controlled even if it was announced the next day.

Man, good thing you're here. I don't know what the rest of the planet would do if the world didn't revolve around you.

iPhone 5, just slightly larger...

Quote Originally Posted by dimpoblimpo View Post
    The wait for this iPhone seems the longest due to the lacking updates in the 4s and recent release date change to the holiday versus spring/summer
    lacking updates? holiday release date? what holiday? Xmas? Xmas is not till December. The iPhone 4S was released in October, unless you consider Halloween the "holidays". If you have the 4S, it hasn't even been a year since it was released. If you're on the iPhone 4 like me, then yes, it's been a longer wait

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post

Looks about the size of my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post

I would like to tell you that it's an iPad but downloaded an app like " viber " and you have free calls to iPhones that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Franberry View Post
    Looks about the size of my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    I would like to tell you that it's an iPad but downloaded an app like " viber " and you have free calls to iPhones that's why

I don't think they normally talk to the retailers like this before an iPhone release. I'm expecting the iPhone 5 to be released (as well as a new iPod touch) around October, and I think the new iMac and Mac Mini will pop out around then too.

More then likely they are going to talk about the release of the iPhone on Cricket and Virgin Mobile which is suppose to launch in a week or so.

Thanks

I love the loyalty here haha! "If Apple doesn't drop the next iPhone, Im jumping ship and going with the competition" You should all be ashamed. The iPhone 4S is solid and doesn't lack anything that I can think of other than NFC technology. With the new iOS 6 coming the next iPhone is going to be pretty sweet. I was doubting iOS 6 at first but after further reading, I think it will be awesome! I will wait for the next iPhone and not come on an Apple blog talking about moving to an Android as if anyone cares haha!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I love the loyalty here haha! "If Apple doesn't drop the next iPhone, Im jumping ship and going with the competition" You should all be ashamed. The iPhone 4S is solid and doesn't lack anything that I can think of other than NFC technology. With the new iOS 6 coming the next iPhone is going to be pretty sweet. I was doubting iOS 6 at first but after further reading, I think it will be awesome! I will wait for the next iPhone and not come on an Apple blog talking about moving to an Android as if anyone cares haha!
    Loyalty?? Who says you MUST be loyal to a product? If a manufacturer doesnt put out a product you like, then its stupid to keep giving them your hard earned money. The problem with "loyalty" is that they (Apple) can keep putting out small changes and "Loyal" fanboys will go out and pay top dollar on early upgrades.

I am no fanboy of Apple, nor am I a Fandroid. I have never owned an Android phone. I did buy an Android tablet though because I thought it would be dumb to pay $600 for a giant iPhone. Many nights I wish I would have gotten an iPad instead, but just as many nights, I am happy with my purchase.

If people buy whatever Apple puts out just because it has an apple logo on it, then why would Apple make big changes and improvements each year? That would be dumb business. If people will buy your device each year with hardly a difference in models, you would be stupid to not cheat the customer.

With Android, there is choice. You can choose between a huge number of phones.There is no "One size fits all" attitude. You can pick between small, medium, large, and extra large screens. You can pick by which has better battery life. You can pick a device that can swap batteries or not. You can choose between which has a better camera. You can choose between shapes and sizes. You can choose between manufacturers. With Apple, the only choice you have is this years model or a previous model (that will soon be outdated and no longer receive updates).

I LOVE my iphone. It has soooo many advantages over Android, but I am just sick of how Apple treats its customers. Again, Fanboys are to blame. And just because someone doesnt worship Apple and Steve Jobs, doesnt mean they do not enjoy iPhones and shouldnt be aloud to post on an iPhone website.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you guys don't forget that everyone else had to develop something big and new. the iphone was the best smartphone, and the next will beat the competition again. I doubt that the next Samsung Galaxy will be such a big leap from the S3, as it will be hard for them to beat their own phone.

and back to the topic, according to an apple dealer here next week or the week after on tuesday there will probably a release of updated iMac's, so in part that could be one of the reasons for the event on Sunday!