+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Worked Toward President Obama's Reelection Right Before Passing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Worked Toward President Obama's Reelection Right Before Passing

It has been well documented over the last nine months how Steve Jobs spent his final weeks before ultimately passing in October at the age of 56. But in addition to overseeing the launch of the iPhone 4S and mapping out the immediate future of his beloved Apple, Steve Jobs was up to something else too.

Bloomberg reports that Steve Jobs "tore into" President Barack Obama's campaign strategists "for all the White House was doing wrong and what it ought to be doing differently, before going on to explain how the campaign could exploit technology in ways that hadn’t been possible before."

“Last time you were programming to only a couple of channels,” Steve Jobs allegedly told campaign chief Jim Messina in reference to Web and email. “This time, you have to program content to a much wider variety of channels."

In the short period of time Jobs had left, the iconic Apple boss reportedly spent no shortage of it guiding Obama's campaign staff on areas of marketing and communication (via mobile channels) in which they could drastically improve.

Overall, Jobs' message was clear: the 2012 reelection campaign had to be all about mobile technology. According to Messina, “[Jobs] knew exactly where everything was going... He explained viral content and how our stuff could break out, how it had to be interesting and clean.”

Source: Bloomberg

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

another Jobs article...
    I swear one day I think I am going to read "Jobs Resurrected himself designed iPhone 6 and went back into his crypt".

Thanks

Well at least nobody can say all apple things are white and shiny here.... i'm gonna let my self out

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I forget who but they said Steve jobs mapped out and helped with ideas on stuff that was at least 10 years in the future for apple. So you will see his name alot

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I'm still waiting for the Human CentiPad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They say the Republicans are pampering to the rich. If true, why do the rich vote for Obama? Hmm.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Well at least nobody can say all apple things are white and shiny here.... i'm gonna let my self out
    wow.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That was definitely uncalled for.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    That was definitely uncalled for.
    Can jokes be uncalled for?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Can jokes be uncalled for?
    To People with thin skin who can't take a joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    To People with thin skin who can't take a joke.
    I love your avatar, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I forget who but they said Steve jobs mapped out and helped with ideas on stuff that was at least 10 years in the future for apple. So you will see his name alot
    +1
    Heard that too, was an article here actually.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evan88 View Post
    They say the Republicans are pampering to the rich. If true, why do the rich vote for Obama? Hmm.
    LoL.... it's rich v poor not dem v repubs. IF you think any of them really care about us (the average people) you're dumb. However there is one party that feels people are most important and one party that feels money is most important. I'll let you figure out which is which but it won't be very hard.

The fact that on party wants to strip regulation, one party that wrote the rules so gas companies can poison wells and destroy land, one party that fought for deregulation that destroyed our economy..... can you guess which one?

If they are sitting in Washington you can pretty much bet the average person's needs are the furthest thing from their minds.

Thanks

Well there's something I don't like about jobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think we should remember Steve Jobs for what he did for us. I don't like to talk about political issues. Steve is a name who make iOS revolution over the market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varunsipp View Post
    I think we should remember Steve Jobs for what he did for us. I don't like to talk about political issues. Steve is a name who make iOS revolution over the market.
    Yes, Steve Jobs was involved in a lot of things, but why should things like what this topic illustrates be hidden?