Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates iMovie for Apple's Retina Display MacBook Pro

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Updates iMovie for Apple's Retina Display MacBook Pro

iMovie is ready for Retina.

Wasting no time at all, Apple on Tuesday announced an update to the company's hugely popular video editing platform known as iMovie. Version 9.0.6 has been released and, best of all, it has been optimized to support the dazzling new Retina display of the refreshed MacBook Pro unveiled yesterday at WWDC.

What's New in Version 9.0.6: This update provides general stability and compatibility improvements, including: Enhancements for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
    We understand that the update (which comes as a 1.26 gigabyte download available here through iTunes) delivers support for a number of additional languages, including Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Turkish and Ukranian.

The update requires OS X 10.7.4 or later.

As MMi reported earlier Tuesday, demand for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display is such that shipping times have already reached two to three weeks.

Source: Apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's kinda ironic that it took Apple so so so long to even get 1080p video in iTunes, now they're pushing out "retina" resolution apps. Will iTunes be the first Movie store to offer "retina" resolution movies? Most movies theses days are displayed in Cinemas at a 4K resolution anywho so it's no out of the realm of possibility.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,393 Posts

They've included Catalan language!

Sweet...now I can get 'Emoji2 for iOS 5.1+' added to my keyboard! LOL!