Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Retina Display MacBook Pro Going Fast

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default New Retina Display MacBook Pro Going Fast

Here's a headline you probably saw coming immediately after Apple introduced the new MacBook Pro with Retina display in the keynote of WWDC 2012 yesterday (check out MMi's complete coverage here).

Although the next generation MacBook Pro just became available for purchase online 24 hours ago, shipping times for the breathtaking refreshed 15-inch beauty has already begun tumbling precipitously.

Touting the new offering as "the most beautiful computer we have ever made," Apple is now estimating a two to three week shipping time on orders placed today.

Although the next-generation MacBook Pro with Retina display is in hot demand, you can get the updated 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros (with the last generation's design) much faster. As of this writing, those models are in stock and ready to ship with your order.

Nonetheless, it appears that consumers want Retina display at all costs. And this demand will likely continue to drive the massive consumer interest we've seen in the refreshed MacBook Pro since since yesterday.

If you're considering a purchase, prices start at $2199 with a 2.3GHz quad-core chip, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of flash storage.

Source: Apple

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Love to git one of these.

Thanks

Dang, $2200. I'd love to get one but that's too expensive
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

That was the shipping time yesterday after release! I looked yesterday after the keynote was done and the Apple store was back up, and shipping time was 2-3 weeks. You guys need to wake up. I mean don't get me wrong. They probably are selling alot of them, but don't exaggerate when the shipping time has been the same since yesterday LMAO :P

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Dang, $2200. I'd love to get one but that's too expensive
    It's a high end Mac $2200 starting is a great deal considering the baseline specs. As everyone says Macs ain't cheap!!!

I wonder how much the retina screen, itself, is worth (in money)
    It's so big and in extreme HD. You wouldn't want to break it.

Bah, I think a retina display is really not necessary, better improve the things that matter. I doubt I would take much notice to the high-res display. And it would be able to run any games in that resolution.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I know one game I would love to play it on.

Really peeps are going crazy. Macs are well overpriced. Spec that up on a pc and it's half the price and peeps gonna wait 3 weeks.

"..shipping times for the breathtaking refreshed 15-inch beauty has already begun tumbling precipitously."
    Tumbling precipitouslyshipping times would indicate they are getting shorter, not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Bah, I think a retina display is really not necessary, better improve the things that matter. I doubt I would take much notice to the high-res display. And it would be able to run any games in that resolution.
    For someone like me (working with digital graphics) its a mind bending machine. I can see your point but you should know that people are already jumping on the retina mac bandwagon and it will not be long before we start seeing some great games. I will however add that computers are not just gaming consoles. The whole retina display thing is about something else altogether... resolution independence.

Its good but ill wait because:
    1) None upgradable ram (16GB is good but I want a laptop to last 4-5 years) (also DDR4 soon)
    2) Smaller Drive space
    3) No apps will have retina yet
    4) Nvidia GPU (like I said I want my laptop to last)
    5) LCD display, OLEDs will be common soon
    6) WiFi AC is coming out and replacing N

Ill wait till all apps have retina and it comes with a 1TB SSD, also 32GB ram DDR4, maybe autosteroscopic 3d like the 3ds

My early 2011 15.4" with high res screen will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    That was the shipping time yesterday after release! I looked yesterday after the keynote was done and the Apple store was back up, and shipping time was 2-3 weeks. You guys need to wake up. I mean don't get me wrong. They probably are selling alot of them, but don't exaggerate when the shipping time has been the same since yesterday LMAO :P
    Your wrong as I also looked because I was going to purchase one. Shipping times after the Key note were 2 to 3 days.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I only buy Apple unless I'm building a computer and I understand that I'll have to pay a pretty penny for my MacBook Pro or iMac, that's fine. This new MacBook Pro though is too expensive, Apple should have made it cheaper. If you upgrade anything on it your going to be paying a ton of money and that's not even including Apple Care which is a must! Not to mention they didn't update to the newest Wi-fi. I think only the rich are going to get these new one's. I wish that weren't the case cause I really want one

Quote Originally Posted by cragglemiester View Post
    Really peeps are going crazy. Macs are well overpriced. Spec that up on a pc and it's half the price and peeps gonna wait 3 weeks.
    Alright peep...lets see you do it....go ahead.

Where my peeps at?

Quote Originally Posted by cragglemiester View Post
    specs like this on a PC don't exist.

Has there been any confirmation that there will be no 17" model? I have 2011's 17" mbp and I'd hate to bite the bullet for the 15" only to have the 17" display model release later.

Retina Display is pretty cool, but one of the biggest problem is...are the softwares going to be able to quickly catch up to such demand?
    Just because its Retina Display doesn't mean that games and videos are going to look better, because even on my iPad3(new iPad) if I play any other non Retina Display supported app, it looks blurry. Also the amount of power it takes run that display...I'm sure 8G Ram's good enough but not enough when comes to running bigger apps with them.
    At this point, it's hard to say if its really worth the purchase...I'll wait until Adobe and other major companies are able to make retina display compatible graphic interface...Something like that.