+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Lion Features New Safari, Dictation, Power Nap, and Cost $19.99

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default OS X Lion Features New Safari, Dictation, Power Nap, and Cost $19.99

Apple’s latest update to OS X, Mountain Lion, will bring more than 1,700 new APIs, greater iCloud integration, Siri-esque dictation, a redesigned Safari, and all the iOS-like features we saw in the developer preview a few months ago. And all of this will cost a paltry $19.99.

All of the iCloud and iOS features like an OS X notification center have been well documented, however a new feature “Power Nap” allows users to back up their hard drive, and updating data while the computer is asleep. The mode is meant to preserve battery life and will work with second-generation MacBook Airs as well as the next generation MacBook Pros.

The only not previously known iCloud functionality that Apple its debuted today was “Documents.” Much like notes, calendars, email, and everything else in the iCloud world Documents will finally make its way to OS X after being available for iOS.

Apple unveiled a new Dictation feature much like the iPad’s dictation option. The feature allows users to speak words into existence in Apps ranging from Microsoft Word, to notes, to Twitter and pretty much anything that involves text entry.

Safari’s redesign is very Chrome to say the least with the URL and search bar integrated into a single bar. Apple has also brought unified tabs and bookmarks into the mix as well allowing users to sync their browsing information across all of their devices. This will allow users to seamlessly continue the web search they started on their iPhone when moving to their MacBook Pro, iPad, or any other device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can't believe it's going to only be 19.99. It's even more of a steal now. I love that they don't charge an arm or a leg for OS upgrades like MS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I can't believe it's going to only be 19.99. It's even more of a steal now. I love that they don't charge an arm or a leg for OS upgrades like MS.
    Ya MS is like $150 for 3 comps and this is only $20 for 5 (as many computers as you can use under 1 apple account)

Green Apple
    Thanks

But what is really that new, or useful that you would pay $19 for in this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    But what is really that new, or useful that you would pay $19 for in this?
    I am much looking forward to AirPlay mirroring. I've been looking for this since you could mirror your iPad on the apple tv. Also the integrated sharing features. Notes and notification center.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Is the PowerNap like the Hibernate feature in Windows?