Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next Generation MacBook Pro Has Retina Display, Up to 768GB of Flash Storage

Default Next Generation MacBook Pro Has Retina Display, Up to 768GB of Flash Storage

The tech world knew it was coming, they knew the specs (thought they did), and it looks flat out incredible. Apple’s next generation MacBook Pro is faster, slimmer, and more beautiful than before. Oh, and it starts shipping today.

"It's thinner than my finger." — Tim Cook
    Yes, it is thinner, exactly thinner than the current pro at .71 inches and weighs in at a scant 4.46 pounds. Most importantly though, the display is even higher resolution than expected with 2880 x 1800 pixels packed into the 15.4-inch display.

The numbers breakdown to roughly 220 dpi with 5,184,000 total pixels. Cook also claimed better contrast ratios, viewing angles, and reduced glare. Cook showed off a full resolution 1080p clip running in final cut and it took about about 1/4 of the screen.

Unfortunately applications will have to be updated in order to take advantage of the improved resolution.

Inside the new MBP Apple packed a massive amount of power as well. The new MBP can have up to a 2.7GHz quad-core i7, and up to 16GB of RAM as well as 768GB of flash storage. It comes with Kepler GT 650M graphics as well. The massive batteries get up to 7-hours of battery life, with 30 days of standby time, and thats with powering the new display.

Port wise it has SD, HMDI and USB 3.0 on the right, and on the left Magsafe 2, Thunderbolt (two of them!) and USB 3.0 and a headphone jack. Fortunately Apple has included FireWire 800 and Gigabit Ethernet adapters for those who miss the ports.

The standard glass trackpad, backlit keyboard, and bluetooth 4.0 are present. The new FaceTime HD camera is accompanied by dual microphones with “beam forming” for a new generation of voice apps (SIRI?).

The next generation MacBook Pro lived up to the hype. Now everyone can relax. Prices start at $2199 with a 2.3GHz quad-core chip, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of flash storage.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 06-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Prices?

STARTING at $2200!? Is that more expensive than the last models released?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    STARTING at $2200!? Is that more expensive than the last models released?
    When will these new gen models be available?

Today!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Mark me down for one. Fathers day present for me

Very respectable specs - very steep price for a 15.4 inch screen.

any chance some ones gonna be able to reverse engineer this so i can put a retina display in my current 15" ???

want SOOO BAD!

did they drop the 17" models?

According to the Apple Store app it appears that you cannot get a 17" model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime007 View Post
    did they drop the 17" models?
    Yup
    God Bless

Default the Internals
    This might only be me. But i have to disapprove of the Retina Macbook. yeah it might be slimmer but they remove the cd drive in the process. Not many of us use it anymore but it is still useful for stuff like dvd or importing music. Without it it might as well be a big *** Macbook Air. next is the RAM. DAMN 16gb.... for $200 extra bucks. the old macbook pro gave us the capability to upgrade later on after purchase, now it seems to be soldered on the motherboard. Which will cost around $80 bucks more than if you put it in yourself. The last thing is the screen. its only 15in. If you notice before the 17in model came with the whole thing. the best in parts from apple. now you get a sorta better machine with a smaller screen and less hardware. i mean if you are to advertise the new pixels with Diablo 3 or to say the computer is able to handle 9 non compress window don't restrain the screen down to just 15.

I see they've made the RAM price in line with the price of crucial, maybe they finally realised people weren't going to pay their extortionate prices when crucial was so much cheaper

Its good but ill wait because:
    1) None upgradable ram (16GB is good but I want a laptop to last 4-5 years) (also DDR4 soon)
    2) Smaller Drive space
    3) No apps will have retina yet
    4) Nvidia GPU (like I said I want my laptop to last)
    5) LCD display, OLEDs wil; be common soon

Ill wait till all apps have retina and it comes with a 1TB SSD, also 32GB ram DDR4

My early 2011 15.4" with high res screen will last.
    Last edited by spazturtle; 06-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.