+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phil Schiller Expected to Become Apple's Showman

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Phil Schiller Expected to Become Apple's Showman

Although Tim Cook has largely flourished and retained investor confidence during his first ten months as Apple CEO (no small task given the enormous shoes he was selected to fill), most people in the industry - perhaps even Cook himself - would agree that Apple's new boss isn't the most charismatic showman around.

And so there may be a better fit for Apple's "public face" than Cook at events like Apple's WWDC. According to a report from Bloomberg today, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of product marketing, could be the best choice for keeping Apple keynotes fresh, cool, and sexy.

In 1999, Schiller jumped off a 15-foot platform to show off Apple’s new iBook. In 2007, he demoed new videoconferencing features by superimposing his mouth on a photo of Steve Ballmer. “I love my Mac!” Schiller had the Microsoft (MSFT) chief declare.
    In addition to having a marvelous sense of humor, Schiller is a savvy business titan who understands how the Apple brand works and, more importantly, why it works with the masses. And while Tim Cook retains widespread support and faith from inside and outside the company, there seems to be consensus that Cook isn't the larger-than-life personality that Steve Jobs was. Then again, neither is Schiller. But he may be better than Cook when it comes to engaging audiences on stage.

According to the Bloomberg report, Schiller will "increasingly be Apple’s public face, a role that should be evident at the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference starting on June 11."

Source: Bloomberg

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually prefer Phil to Tim but miss Jobs dearly.

Thanks

I wish it was the wild-eyed Scott Forstall. He makes everything magical and exciting.

Also I always get Scott and Phil mixed up so I got really excited for a second.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 06-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I actually prefer Phil to Tim but miss Jobs dearly.
    You read my mind on that one.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really like any of the other guys that present. Steve Jobs was the best of the best, he always kept your attention and spoke in a way that made the product sound amazing and that you had to have it right away! The other guys try but I just don't see that real sparkle behind them. I think Jobs felt like each product was a part of him and that really showed up on stage. I guess if I had to choose someone else it would be Jony Ive, (if he actually would present). I think you would see the passion behind the product with him. My next option would be Forstall probably, he's decent. No one beats Jobs though in my book

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer Phil instead of Tim but on the whole no one was , is and will be better than Steve Jobs .

Thanks

I'd go with Scott Forstall the SVP of iOS Software...

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I wish it was the wild-eyed Scott Forstall. He makes everything magical and exciting.

Forstall is supposedly a massive *****. Schiller won't even be alone in a room with him. I do enjoy his presentations most of all though. I'm sure we'll see plenty of him for the iOS 6 unveiling.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I prefer Scott forestall he is more St like , hi have passion for the things that hi is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post

Agree. Scott is the one next to SJ
    Last edited by angel_92701; 06-09-2012 at 12:23 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angel_92701 View Post
    I prefer Scott forestall he is more St like , hi have passion for the things that hi is saying.
    Hello.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bah dude's skin made me wish i was watching a lower quality stream last time in january.
    Those dimples, nicks, protruding whatever you call it - i started looking away from the screen whenever he was on screen after a while.

Like the stuff cliché witches have on their noses.
    Its not like this stuff isn't trivial to improve.

To have that be representative of a company that obviously values distraction-free simplicity and beauty naaaw
    Tim Cook or Sir Ive will do for the time being

Thanks

Steve jobs hologram :P Perfect idea imo