Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Banner Gives Away That We Will See iOS 6 At WWDC

Default New Banner Gives Away That We Will See iOS 6 At WWDC

Image courtesy of 9to5Mac.

It seems like only yesterday Apple was up on the stage announcing iOS 5 and showing us all of the new features that came along with it. In the Apple iWorld, time flies and iOS 6 is already on the horizon according to some new banners being hung at Moscone West reading, "iOS 6 – The world's most advanced mobile operating system." Moscone West is, of course, where Apple’s event will be held from June 11 to June 15.

As pointed out by 9to5Mac, the logo for iOS 5 is different than iOS 4 and iOS 5’s style. Could this mean new wallpapers are to come stock with the mobile operating system just like the new iPad?

iOS 6 is also said to take advantage of a new mapping technology instead of the standard Google Maps that we are all used to from iOS 5. iOS 6 also could support a 'Do Not Disturb' feature to help keep notifications from bugging you when you don't want them. In addition, it has been reported to include Facebook integration stock in the operating system without the need to install third party jailbreak tweaks or App Store applications to gain this functionality – similarly to how iOS 5 introduced Twitter integration.

The iOS 6 banner is the first legitimate sighting at the WWDC location. There is still no confirmation that we will see a new Mac refresh or any new iOS devices for that matter. We will keep you updated as information surfaces.

Sources: 9to5Mac

Looking forward to iOS 6. Hopefully, we'll get more than a few features and start seeing some redesigns. With the competition getting hotter and hotter with each phone release, I think Apple needs to return to their roots and do some new innovations within their current product line instead of lightly building off old ideas. Also, as for the next iPhone, why are there many reports that no new iPhone will be unveiled? I remember last year after the earthquake hit Japan, many manufacturers were reporting delays. I always figured this is why the iPhone 4S was released in October opposed to the usual June/July window. But I also think iPhone sales sky rocket around the holidays, especially when the phone is newly released and is a hot buy (similar to video games and consoles). This approach makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Any thoughts? Regardless of release date, I'm looking forward to the next iPhone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Said Sanctus!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS 6 better be good..I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Well Said Sanctus!
    Why did you steal x h4ckers x's avatar????

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaNcTuS View Post
    Looking forward to iOS 6. Hopefully, we'll get more than a few features and start seeing some redesigns. With the competition getting hotter and hotter with each phone release, I think Apple needs to return to their roots and do some new innovations within their current product line instead of lightly building off old ideas. Also, as for the next iPhone, why are there many reports that no new iPhone will be unveiled? I remember last year after the earthquake hit Japan, many manufacturers were reporting delays. I always figured this is why the iPhone 4S was released in October opposed to the usual June/July window. But I also think iPhone sales sky rocket around the holidays, especially when the phone is newly released and is a hot buy (similar to video games and consoles). This approach makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Any thoughts? Regardless of release date, I'm looking forward to the next iPhone!
    I have yet to see a new iPhone model that is not a "3GS or 4S" shown in June. Typically, as you said they milk this thing like a cow and will release in October closer to the Holidays. However, I think it would make sense to debut the iPhone 5 at WWDC so people do not buy a new phone until October upon the release.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I think it would make sense to debut the iPhone 5 at WWDC so people do not buy a new phone until October upon the release.
    Thats the last thing Apple want to do, killing their sales from now to October would be bad news leaving the field open to Android

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    iOS 6 better be good..I'm excited!

Why did you steal x h4ckers x's avatar????

great input on the subject!

Hooray, iOS 6! Now we get to read all the people that voted to burn an exploit on 5.1.1 start begging for the 6.xx jb.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

toggles toggles toggles toggles toggles

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 754 Posts

Was waiting for this to show up on here. Figured they should be puttin banners now for Monday :-p

Im afraid ios6 will just be jailbreak features implemented natively into ios... Like zephyr, intelliscreenx and maybe even customizable features like in springtomize.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure iOS 6 will be great! I think Apple's really going to ramp up the iPhone and OS this year, it'll be sweet!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    great input on the subject!
    You too

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    Hooray, iOS 6! Now we get to read all the people that voted to burn an exploit on 5.1.1 start begging for the 6.xx jb.
    I'll be one of those people! I don't think think 5.1.1 was a good enough release to burn the latest jailbreak exploit. I just hope the JB devs figure out how to JB any upcoming devices promptly. I'd hate to have an untouched firmware iPhone 5 later this year.

Damn... Seems it was yesterday when I was so exited to receive the iOS 5, now it's 5.1.1 and soon will jump up to 6... Hope brings a real new stuff

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Watch them make iOS 6 not compatible with the iPhone 4....we already go hosed on no Siri why not screw us more?

Thanks

Can't wait, always like new features.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,388 Posts

Shocker...😶

Screw the maps and the "do not disturb" crap...I want something like the new Razor Android phone has, "Smart Action" and it'd be awesome if it were integrated with the jailbreak "Cleverpin" the iPhone would be 10Xs more awesome!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    Watch them make iOS 6 not compatible with the iPhone 4....we already go hosed on no Siri why not screw us more?
    That's a hardware compatibility issue not a software issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast