Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Banner Gives Away That We Will See iOS 6 At WWDC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    That's a hardware compatibility issue not a software issue.
    How did the port for 5.0.1 work then?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    It could prolly still be ported to ios6 if a jailbreak comes out. BUT..the A4 devices don't handle Siri as well as A5 devices; that's why Apple didn't allow it on the iPhone 4

Thanks

Did it actuall run the native Siri or was it a sort of mock up?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    It could prolly still be ported to ios6 if a jailbreak comes out. BUT..the A4 devices don't handle Siri as well as A5 devices; that's why Apple didn't allow it on the iPhone 4
    Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SaNcTuS View Post
    Looking forward to iOS 6. Hopefully, we'll get more than a few features and start seeing some redesigns. With the competition getting hotter and hotter with each phone release, I think Apple needs to return to their roots and do some new innovations within their current product line instead of lightly building off old ideas. Also, as for the next iPhone, why are there many reports that no new iPhone will be unveiled? I remember last year after the earthquake hit Japan, many manufacturers were reporting delays. I always figured this is why the iPhone 4S was released in October opposed to the usual June/July window. But I also think iPhone sales sky rocket around the holidays, especially when the phone is newly released and is a hot buy (similar to video games and consoles). This approach makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Any thoughts? Regardless of release date, I'm looking forward to the next iPhone!
    I stopped reading after "looking".

I'm thinking we'll see six major new features? xD

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    Watch them make iOS 6 not compatible with the iPhone 4....we already go hosed on no Siri why not screw us more?
    More than likely the 4 will be upgradable to iOS6, but maybe not the 3GS. As is, expect a lot fewer features than seen on the 4S or upcoming iPhone model.

Apple seems to be on a three year plan with iOS updates similar to how they are with their desktop OS. Keep updates flowing for for older products for about 3 years (the typical length of AppleCare on Macs), then depreciate features or compatibility. In OS X, only recently did the first gen Intel Macs (from 2006) see no support on Lion, and most Macs made since 2008 will be supported on Mountain Lion.
    Also, the A4-powered Touch hasn't been truly updated since the generation of the iPhone 4. They will still be subject to decent iOS updates, seeing as they are still being produced and sold along with the 8GB iPhone 4.

ADDENDUM: the OP fails to mention that Twitter functionality still required an AppStore app to be installed (the official Twitter client) in order to operate. I doubt it'll be different for Facebook or any other social network with iOS underpinnings, assuming they will be iOS6.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 06-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

woohoo!! iOS6 will come with Cydia pre-installed!! XP

I'm looking forward to WWDC 2012

Stock Facebook? Finally apple listens!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really think that since they are announceing iOS6,that they will show it on a device made for it. I think they are going to debut the new iPhone...and I can't wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I highly highly doubt we will see Siri
    On unsupported devices in the future. So yes im sure it can be ported but I'm almost 100% that it will not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12