+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Judge Tosses Apple's Courtroom Showdown with Motorola

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Judge Tosses Apple's Courtroom Showdown with Motorola

Making headlines in the same way a bad sitcom would on the heels of its cancellation, Apple’s patent-infringement jury trial against Google-owned Motorola Mobility has been "cancelled" by the presiding judge.

The trial was set to begin next week on June 11th (just as WWDC is getting underway). Nut earlier today, U.S. Circuit Judge Richard A. Posner rejected each side’s damages arguments, according to the developing story across the Bloomberg newswire.

“You have to prove injury,” Posner bluntly told Apple and Google at the recent pretrial conference. “I’m sorry that it seems to be petering out like this.”

Posner’s ruling scraps what would have been the first patent trial between them since Mountain View, California-based Google completed its $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. last month.
    For now, neither Apple or Google has publicly responded to the judge's action. And so it isn't clear if and how the warring parties will regroup and possibly square off again in a different judicial venue. But prior to today's surprise trial toss, Apple claimed Motorola had violated several of Apple's mobile phone and tablet-related patents. Motorola, on the other hand, was pursuing only one patent infringement claim against Apple.

Source: Bloomberg

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i have to say i like motorola more then samsung when it comes to phones so i like that the case was tossed. motorola makes a million phones like samsung but motorola actually tests there software. and doesnt make all there non smartphones cheap like samsung does (not saying motorola makes there smartphones cheap)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    i have to say i like motorola more then samsung when it comes to phones so i like that the case was tossed. motorola makes a million phones like samsung but motorola actually tests there software. and doesnt make all there non smartphones cheap like samsung does (not saying motorola makes there smartphones cheap)
    Which Samsung phones are 'cheap'? and what is your definition of "cheap"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Which Samsung phones are 'cheap'? and what is your definition of "cheap"
    If you look up Android in the dictionary the definition is cheap and plastic.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    If you look up Android in the dictionary the definition is cheap and plastic.
    If you look up the definition of iDiot in the dictionary, your picture would be there.