+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaks Allege New Mac Pros and Retina Display 15" MacBook Pro On the Way

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
9to5Mac continued their part in adding to the pre-show WWDC hysterics today with another batch of supposed leaks. The first is three model numbers that supposedly represent new Mac Pros,
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Leaks Allege New Mac Pros and Retina Display 15" MacBook Pro On the Way

9to5Mac continued their part in adding to the pre-show WWDC hysterics today with another batch of supposed leaks.

The first is three model numbers that supposedly represent new Mac Pros, which after nearly two years hanging out in update purgatory could finally see an update. 9to5Mac’s sources “are currently unsure of the feature set coming with the new Mac Pro” but, the sources claim Apple will likely debut three configurations, two standard versions and one with OS X server capabilities.

Alleged model numbers for new Mac Pros

MD770LL/A – K5BPLUS,BETTER, BTR-USA

MD771LL/A – K5BPLUS,BEST,BTR-USA

MD772LL/A – K5BPLUS,ULTIMATE,BTR-USA
    Rumors last year claimed that Apple had experimented with new Mac Pro designs that better emulated servers with “rackable and stackable” funcationality. The prototypes reportedly included room for more drives, and could replace a lot of the functionality lost when Apple discontinued its Xserve line.

Also, 9to5Mac added another gem to the MacBook Pro fracas with another leaked product spec sheet. This leaked sheet, which I emphasize is unconfirmed, features a beast of a 15” MacBook pro complete with a thinner body, 2560x1600 resolution Retina Display, 16GB of 1,600MHZ DDR3 SDRAM, and a AMD Radeon HD 7770M graphics solution with 2GB of RAM.

The above specs pretty much match everyone’s dream MacBook Pro. Disappointment meter will officially be in the red if WWDC comes and goes without something resembling the spec sheet above.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 06-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like it will actually be worth the price. Too bad I doubt these specs will all come. Like the graphics card... Pfft apples never been one to give good graphics cards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will be able to shell out money for such a MacBook pro .. With a thinner chassis and the specs it could be an ultraportable gaming laptop other than the 'razer blade'

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

4 USB 3.0 Ports? I can see that happening now that Intel's new Ivy Bridge supports 3.0 and Apple is using the chip. If they really do get rid of the optical drive there would be plenty of space. If that is the case, it would be awesome! Something I couldn't pass up on!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 06-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Definitely no optical drive in those specs!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Superior spec, however, i find it very hard to believe apple won't try to squeeze MBP's, and thus include mechanical hdd... SSD either 1.8" or custom built seems more "in order" with making notebook thinner.
    Next, 16GB in notebook = 2x8GB modules. Given the apple's love for steep prices. OMG, i don't want to see the price tag on this one.

Will wait to see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennder View Post
    Superior spec, however, i find it very hard to believe apple won't try to squeeze MBP's, and thus include mechanical hdd... SSD either 1.8" or custom built seems more "in order" with making notebook thinner.
    Next, 16GB in notebook = 2x8GB modules. Given the apple's love for steep prices. OMG, i don't want to see the price tag on this one.

Will wait to see
    Assuming this laptop specsheet is the real McCoy, I'd assume it'll go for the same price as the current Core i7 15" MBP: $2200 USD.

That being said, dang. This laptop, were it to actually go on sale, is a very tempting purchase. Just gotta go sell a kidney or two...

Thanks

This is insane but almost too good to be true!!! & if it is... I'm gettin' that Fo'sho!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm trying to imagine a retina iMac. Drool...