Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Says High End Apple iTV to Cost $2,000

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Report Says High End Apple iTV to Cost $2,000

It's one of the most eagerly anticipated products from Apple in recent memory. While much speculation remains with regard to when Apple will finally unveil the connected HDTV tentatively dubbed by the blogosphere as "iTV," new reports are shedding light on what the device may cost upon release.

On Friday, Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray told investors that the price range of iTVs will likely span $1,500 to $2,000. The biggest television Apple is expected to produce will be 55 inches and, not surprisingly, this will be the
    most expensive model.

Munster says all signs - supply chain checks, executive hints, Steve Jobs' wishes, third party accounts - all add up to suggest that the iTV is coming soon.

“We believe ‘if’ has been decided and the question is now ‘when.’ We stand by our previously stated timeline of unveiling the TV late this year with a launch in the first half of 2013 (6 months following the unveiling),” Munster told investors this week, according to Forbes.

Another indication that Apple may preview the iTV at WWDC later this month is because developers will need time to gear up for a TV that will include Siri voice controls and no shortage of other Apple product and service integrations.

Source: Forbes

Really? And what do we get for that? Unlimited, lifetime access to cable channels that are not available elsewhere? Or the equivalent to this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That'll be the most expensive Apple logo yet

$2000 for a 55' TV isn't too bad if it's got all the bells and whistles like LED, 3D, 240hz+, built-in wifi, Siri, etc..

youtube, and hulu...dont forget netflix..lol

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    $2000 for a 55' TV isn't too bad if it's got all the bells and whistles like LED, 3D, 240hz+, built-in wifi, Siri, etc..
    Agreed, probably higher resolution than 1080p also. It really has to distinguish itself to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    That'll be the most expensive Apple logo yet
    Not really. Not even close to the most expensive 55" TV, actually.
    Last edited by claustin; 06-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks

WE ALREADY KNOW ITS COMING..Look..im sure its going to be sexy and sleek. It will have Siri(hopefully the beta days will be over by then) it will probably NOT come with a remote as Siri will be KING..and you can use your iPhone/iPad to control it if need be. Beyond that what will be so great for that price point? Its going to have to have more than Siri to make me want it for that price..seriously! I don't even use Siri on my phone..haha!

Considering that the big manufactures are releasing 4k TV's (4 times the resolution of 1080P} later this summer and fall, this better have a lot of bells and whistles. My 3D tv already has Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, weather apps and much much more. I still think they need to just make a better Apple TV box and leave the TV's to the other guys.

Their TV is just gonna be a gateway to the Apple store and an easier way to purchase from them. Can't wait to see this TV do something that no other TV can do or no other TV with an Apple TV box hooked to it. My son's Xbox can pick up on hand motions and perform voice commands so that isn't new.

Apple impress me. Can't wait.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I really hope they release a ~42 inch for around 1000. 1200 at the most. That would seem a reasonable premium for an ~$600 LCD plus the remaining 4-600 for the hardware that gives it that Apple magic. 2000 seems a little steep considering the relatively low power of the hardware, compared to say, a MacBook.

Jailbreak iTV = MUST BUY

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Really? And what do we get for that? Unlimited, lifetime access to cable channels that are not available elsewhere? Or the equivalent to this.
    I'd probably think of it more as a larger, non touch ipad, with a price to match.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Can't wait for my 55" iPad. I am pretty sure it will have THX sound built in since Apple hire the THX inventor last year.

In reality, it will just be a very nice display with an AppleTV built in. Considering that the cost of an AppleTV2 is only $99, Apple will then justify the $1900 difference as "magic" and the fanboys will magically line up at the door on launch day.

I hadn't thought of that. When apple tv comes and there's a huge line of fun boys getting ready to buy the tv, how are they going to carry it to their cars? Apple shop carts in every store? It's going to be hectic. We need Jobs to come up with a magical solution! I wonder if that was part of the "I finally cracked it" master plan he had!

Siri voice control, give me a break oO it still doesn't work here in the UK reliably.

It will be Burnistoun Lift all over again

Last edited by rocky5; 06-01-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Not really. Not even close to the most expensive 55" TV, actually.
    Exactly, a $2,000 iTV would be relatively underpriced. It falls along the price range of a typical Panasonic Viera.

Try looking up a Pioneer Elite Kuro.

well!!! if this itv sports a retina quality display with the same level of saturation and higher contrast than the new ipad then I'm all for it. I also hope it has passive 3d than active. I wonder it it's going to have that strict apple quality control......what I mean by that is that I hope these itv's don't suffer the same flashlight and clouding problems like current edge lit led hd tv's.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    I'd probably think of it more as a larger, non touch ipad, with a price to match.
    Good for you.. then dont buy it. You remind of the people who said the iPad is a large itouch. Well thats because it is.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast