+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to be Manufacturing Test Batch of Apple Television Sets

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to be Manufacturing Test Batch of Apple Television Sets

According to “informed sources” speaking to the China Business Daily, Apple is reported to have begun production of the first prototypes of its much-anticipated connected television sets. The production is set at one of its overseas manufacturing facilities ahead of a general production ramp, which is expected to begin late 2012. The initial build plan is said to take place in one of Foxconn’s Shenzhen plants as a trial production run, which typically produces a small number of assembly-line quality prototypes for Apple to put through its design test verification stages. As of right now though, no further details have been reported.

There has been much speculation about Apple’s foray into a high definition television set recently and it is likely to continue. The speculation all started when the claim by the company’s late co-founder Steve Jobs to was discovered in his biography where he mentioned that he had “cracked” the secret to a simple television set. According to the biography, Jobs’ vision for a connected TV, disclosed vaguely to Isaacson prior to his passing last October, would see the device synced with all of a users’ devices, and with Apple’s iCloud service.

It is said that the simplified HDTV would reportedly spare users from having to use complex remotes for multiple devices such as DVD players and cable boxes. One thing to note here is that Isaacson wrote in his biography about Jobs that Jobs “wanted to do for television sets what he had done for computers, music players, and phones: make them simple and elegant.”

We’ll have to wait and see which of the speculations were correct and which will remain rumors though by being patient.

Source: China Business Daily (via Google Translate)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

And only months ago a story here said apply had made test tv's

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be a huge hit because when the next product does come out, the rumor mill would of hyped it so much, everyone again, will have to have it. Dam Apple is good.

Thanks

I'm ready to TEST one of these, send it my way!!

Thanks

I wonder if any of these prototypes will make it out into the public like the dual dock connector iPad that just sold on ebay... Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol at the photo
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

WOW amazing! apple makes prototypes and tests them?!? no way!

why would you rumor "apple rumored to release apple tv" and rumor this... the first one obviously implies they are testing it