+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Piper Jaffray Analyst Predicts Apple HDTV in December, iPhone 5 in October

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Piper Jaffray Analyst Predicts Apple HDTV in December, iPhone 5 in October

Sometime in December. That’s Apple HDTV D-Day according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster.

Munster in a research note published today believes Apple will unveil their HDTV in December, and ship it sometime next year. Munster expects the television to cost between $1,500, and $2,000 and range in size from 42 to 55 inches. CNET made the comment that Munster’s predicted price runs a premium compared to other televisions in the 42 to 55-inch space. However, a quick look around at higher-end LED, LCD, and Plasma TVs shows the $1,500-$2,000 price range to be competitive if not the better deal depending on the display type and features Apple includes.

Munster weighs in on the iPhone 5 as well, which he still believes will make an October debut. The iPhone 5, coupled with the rumored HDTV help feed the image that Apple has enough real innovative products in the pipeline and not just incremental upgrades like the iPhone 4S and iPads, to remain the industry leader

Munster also quells concerns that Apple could be plagued by a chip supply shortage. The company’s position as industry leader, and their massive purchasing power will allow them to secure enough chips to feed their supply chain, even if other companies suffer on Apple’s behalf.

Munster also believes Apple will remain atop the growing tablet market which Munster claims has the potential to surpass the PC market. Munster predicts Apple will sell 176 million iPads out of a total 301 million tablets by 2015.
    Source: CNET

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Thought the rumor was iPhone 5 is in June?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Thought the rumor was iPhone 5 is in June?
    That"s what i thought but i guess that is why it is called a Rumor one could still hope WWDC is still a few days off and maybe we will hear some good news then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone might be announced at WWDC but probably won't go on sale until Sept/Oct just like the 4s last year.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

This Munster guy needs to go away. MMi you quote this guy in almost every article, and I really don't know why. He has been claiming the Apple TV will be coming out soon for years. The only "predictions" he gets right are the fairly obvious ones. I would take Paul the Octopuses predictions over this guys any day.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    This Munster guy needs to go away. MMi you quote this guy in almost every article, and I really don't know why. He has been claiming the Apple TV will be coming out soon for years. The only "predictions" he gets right are the fairly obvious ones. I would take Paul the Octopuses predictions over this guys any day.
    I'm guessing you meant the Apple HDTV as Apple TV has been out for quite some time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There'll be a good couple of months at least of testing iOS 6 before we hear anything about the iPhone 5, and iOS 6 will be previewed and released as a beta at WWDC. September time frame looks right for the iPhone 5.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'm guessing you meant the Apple HDTV as Apple TV has been out for quite some time.
    Yes....your prediction of me meaning Apple HDTV instead of Apple TV is correct...Hey.....You could be the next Munster!!
    El Zurdo