Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Ive Hints At Major Apple Product Developments

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple's Ive Hints At Major Apple Product Developments

Big things are on the horizon at Apple. That much is clear from the comments and non-specific revelations this week from Apple design boss Jonathan Ive. Ive was interviewed at length by the U.K. Telegraph, and his comments have left people buzzing.

According to Ive, major developments are in the works at Apple. In fact, Ive refers to ongoing work there as
    "the most important and the best work" that Apple has done so far.

The freshly knighted Ive indicated that his legacy at Apple may be defined by products he is currently working on with his team to design and not the products already available. When asked about his best work to date, Ive said:

"It’s a really tough one. A lot does seem to come back to the fact that what we’re working on now feels like the most important and the best work we’ve done, and so it would be what we’re working on right now, which of course I can’t tell you about."
    Ive also said that simplicity will continue to underscore the creation of Apple products.

“We try to develop products that seem somehow inevitable," Ive said. "That leave you with the sense that that’s the only possible solution that makes sense,” he said. “Our products are tools and we don’t want design to get in the way. We’re trying to bring simplicity and clarity, we’re trying to order the products."

Source: Telegraph

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait to see what Apple has up their sleeve!

Outside of the iPhone its been quite a while since I've seen much innovation from Apple. Back in the day they were doing thing like designing the all in one iMac, then the flat screen iMac, the Cube was an amazing feat, bringing things like firewire, disc burning and wifi to the masses at nearly (if not) the beginning of those technology adoptions. What happened to that Apple?

Its been 2 years since a Mac Pro refresh. Even then, the design of the MP is 6 years old. The current iMac design is 5 years old, and if you look past the aluminum part of it, the design was used by Apple in 2004; 8 years ago. I'm a LONG time Apple fanboy... in fact my business name is the AppleGuy of Dallas, but innovation has been lacking.

Outside of the iPhone its been quite a while since I've seen much innovation from Apple. Back in the day they were doing thing like designing the all in one iMac, then the flat screen iMac, the Cube was an amazing feat, bringing things like firewire, disc burning and wifi to the masses at nearly (if not) the beginning of those technology adoptions. What happened to that Apple?

Its been 2 years since a Mac Pro refresh. Even then, the design of the MP is 6 years old. The current iMac design is 5 years old, and if you look past the aluminum part of it, the design was used by Apple in 2004; 8 years ago. I'm a LONG time Apple fanboy... in fact my business name is the AppleGuy of Dallas, but innovation has been lacking.
    Last edited by jacobzking; 05-23-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post

Yeah, the iPad wasn't innovative at all...

You are drinking too much of Apple Kool-aid.I own 100$ worth of nano and thats it. So no fanboi here.
    But pretty much there is no competition for iPhone,MBP and iPad.

That is one SWEET SWORD, is that the EXCALIBUR edition laptop?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

You know design and innovation matter in the small things also. I just got a Mac mini. VERY IMPRESSED! So I went and bought a Mac wireless keyboard VERY NICE! I just got a Mac touchpad WOW I might never use a mouse again! I am not an apple fanbois never used a Mac before. At first I wasn't sure I was even liking it but after about of week of using it I love it! I have Parallels on it and run windows whenever I need it (Quickbooks, quicken a few minor apps) I use Mac remote desktop to log into my server (Windows) server 2003) at the office and it is seemless. I did upgrade the ram to 8gb (cheap $40 on ebay versus the OUTRAGEOUS $200 at the Apple website) I am ready to replace my Thinkpad with a Macbook Pro but I will wait until Win 8 in the fall to make my final decision!

Yeah iPad was definitely not innovative.. It only created a whole new space for computers that had never been accomplished before with other tablets

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am intrigued, but only slightly. I think the iPhone was the most revolutionary product Apple ever brought to the table. The iPod touch was just an offshoot of the iPhone. The iPad stemmed from the iPhone as well. As much as people claim it's not just a giant iPod Touch, it really is. That isn't a bad thing, but it isn't something entirely new like the iPhone was. Their notebooks are sexy, but hardly revolutionary (and yes, I have an Air myself). I am hoping to see something truly different but don;t really know what to expect. Apple seems to classify "revolutionary" and "slight improvements on something we already have" as one and the same.

It's the master sword from Zelda.

I WANT AN APPLE MASTER SWORD!

thunderbolt says hi, as does FW 800, mini display port, the first sandy bridge laptops ever,

your post made me freaking mega sigh. New products don't mean innovation, and innovations doesn't (neccesarily) mean new products.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Default Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    thunderbolt says hi, as does FW 800, mini display port, the first sandy bridge laptops ever,

your post made me freaking mega sigh. New products don't mean innovation, and innovations doesn't (neccesarily) mean new products.
    Thunderbolt and sandy bridge is by intel not by apple. They had exclusivity of these technologies but didn't create them.

Thanks

..A CAR!

or sock

“We try to develop products that seem somehow inevitable," Ive said. "That leave you with the sense that that’s the only possible solution that makes sense,” he said.
    Oh please - this from the guy that brought us the "rectangle with rounded corners" that weighed 4x more than it could have had it not been sandwiched between two heavy pieces of shatter-prone glass.

If not for the iPod Touch 4 and the iPad 2, I would have lost faith in Apple. As it stands, though, the design of the iPod Touch is brilliant, save for its mirror-like casing that forces you to spend $25 dollars on a case, less some air rubs against it and dust scratches it, making it look like crap.

The iPad was hardly an innovation. The basis for the product was already engineered, and built and sold to the masses in the form of the iphone and ipod touch. They just perfected it and stuck it in your living room. iOS is going on 6 years old and a few tweaks but essentially the design remains the same. The devices constantly innovate but the key parts haven't. Apple remains that simplicity is key, and they do an amazing job of that.

For a company that prides itself on innovating new products I expected more from Apple. I live their products but it's time to innovate and create something new.