Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest OS X Lion Developer Build Includes Automatic App Downloads

Default Latest OS X Lion Developer Build Includes Automatic App Downloads

Last week Apple released the latest developer build of OS X Mountain Lion and hidden inside is support for Automatic App Downloads for Mac App Store purchases.

According to Zach Kahn of 9to5Mac the feature mimics app purchases on the iPhone and iPad in that all the other Macs logged into the same App Store account will automatically install the app too. However, it doesn’t appear to be working completely.

Unfortunately, the feature does not seem to be working completely. While the App Store will still offer to enable automatic downloads (as seen above), it does not actually install anything when you purchase apps from another computer.

Apple continues to push out regular updates to developer builds of their future OS, slowly implementing new feature. Apple is expected to offer up more details regarding OS X Mountain Lion at this year's World Wide Developers Conference in the next few weeks, specifically the date of Mountain Lion's public release, which is expected to land later this summer.

Source: 9to5Mac

implementing new features*

Thanks

A very welcomed feature! Hopefully iOS will adopt this feature as well.

Thanks

Natural progression. After all, Tim Cook advised they would be moving away from OS X whatever in favor of more of an iOS feel. I mean iOS is still there #1 platform and why not push it on all devices? In the long run our Mac's will operate more and more like our phones and tablets. No more learning curve for green horns.

I want universal apps to include Mac versions - for instance: If I buy Galaxy on Fire 2 for my Mac I would love to be able to download iPad/iPod/iPhone versions for free and share saved game files across platforms. I would start PC/Mac gaming again if this was possible.
    Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    A very welcomed feature! Hopefully iOS will adopt this feature as well.

It already works this way for iOS. Well, as long as you have the options turned on to do so.