+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ashton Kutcher Starring Steve

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Worst. Title. Ever. Friday makers of the Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs biopic “jOBS” announced they are set to begin principal photography in the original garage that would later become the
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ashton Kutcher Starring Steve

Worst. Title. Ever.

Friday makers of the Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs biopic “jOBS” announced they are set to begin principal photography in the original garage that would later become the birthplace of Apple.

The production company behind the made for TV movie, Five Star Feature Films, is attempting to be as authentic as possible by shooting early scenes of the film in Jobs’ old Los Altos home and garage where Jobs and Steve Wozniak built the first Apple computer according to a press release issued today.

Five Star claims production of “jOBS” began immediately after Jobs’ retirement in 2011. The research supposedly included extensive research, including interviews with friends, co-workers and mentors. The press release claims the producers want to create an accurate and enthralling of what they refer to as the “30 most defining years” of his life.

Executive Producer Mark Hulme said he hopes the movie, described in the press release as “dark, honest, and uncompromising,” will be completed in time for the fourth quarter of 2012. So far Kutcher, director Joshua Michale Stern (Swing Vote) and Oscar-winning cinematographer Russel Carpenter (Titanic) are attached to the project which will focus on Jobs’ life in the 30 years leading up to the release of the iPod.

Source: PR Newswire [via AppleInsider]

*T*
    Thanks

Your sarcasm is unprofessional and it ruins the article.

Thanks

jOBS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 Times in 839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Your sarcasm is unprofessional and it ruins the article.
    Oh, I get it, you're being sarcastic. Clever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Oh, I get it, you're being sarcastic. Clever.
    +1

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

Who cares at this point. He's dead and gone, so get over it and move on. The only impact he had on my life was designing a phone I use at work. Phones were around before apple and I suspect they will remain with us in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Who cares at this point. He's dead and gone, so get over it and move on. The only impact he had on my life was designing a phone I use at work. Phones were around before apple and I suspect they will remain with us in the future.
    Says the guy who's on a forum about apple.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I suppose if you're not interested you don't have to care about it, or watch it, or think about it, or post about it. Honestly, I would watch it. One thing that makes human lives interesting is learning about inspirational people's lives. It probably wouldn't do us any good in reality, like make us richer or any smarter, or give us direct achievement in something relevant to our own lives...but why do we watch other movies? Why watch fictional movies and movies based on comic books?

Ashton Kutcher resembles young Steve Jobs I suppose, I still have a hard time seeing him as anything more than Kelso or some other comedic character, but he wasn't bad in Butterfly Effect I guess so this might not be too bad either lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is this the movie for bandwagon **mod edit: language** that knew nothing of Jobs until the iPod? Considering they already made a great TV movie about Jobs called Pirates of Silicon Valley, that included the story of Bill Gates and how they crossed paths, I could care less about this garbage.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 05-22-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smo69 View Post
    Is this the movie for bandwagon **mod edit: language** that knew nothing of Jobs until the iPod? Considering they already made a great TV movie about Jobs called Pirates of Silicon Valley, that included the story of Bill Gates and how they crossed paths, I could care less about this garbage.
    Care less about it enough to post about it? Hmmmm
    Last edited by i.Annie; 05-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks

Better be worth my $$ to see in theaters.