+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Hired as Tutor for Sony's Film on Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has been brought in as a “tutor” to coach Sony Pictures on its adaptation of the biography of the late Steve Jobs. Aaron Sorkin spoke to
    Thanks

Default Wozniak Hired as Tutor for Sony's Film on Steve Jobs

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has been brought in as a “tutor” to coach Sony Pictures on its adaptation of the biography of the late Steve Jobs. Aaron Sorkin spoke to the press about his approach to the project according to TheNextWeb and Wozniak was to consult on technology for the film along with providing insight on Jobs' character.

Wozniak served as the technical mind behind Jobs’ sharp business sense in the early days of Apple. According to Wozniak, “we were very much alike in that time frame. Steve [Jobs] was an incredible leader and a manager, he went through an awful lot of things in life that got him to that point.” Sorkin also revealed that the film would not just be a biopic as he feels it would be difficult to structure.

Sorkin known for his writing in the Academy Award winning movie “The Social Network” said that he wants to write about Jobs in a similar style to his previous work. The film centered around the lawsuit between Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his early partners. "Drama is tension versus obstacle. Someone wants something, something is standing in their way of getting it. They want the money, they want the girl, they want to get to Philadelphia - doesn't matter ... And I need to find that event and I will. I just don't know what it is," he said.

Sony Pictures worked out the deal for the movie rights to Walter Isaacson’s “Steve Jobs” biography within days of the late executive’s death. At the time, Sorkin was Sony’s top choice for a scriptwriter and not surprisingly their first choice worked out. It should be noted that this film is not to be mixed up with the independent production company looking to make its own film about Jobs as well. Ashton Kutcher has been cast as the lead role in that project, which is said to cover events from the year 1971 to 2000.

Source:TheNextWeb
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 05-18-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not much of a shocker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Grammar police
    "Low" and behold?

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

When will the Steve jobs film come out ? I am excited !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

I wonder if there's gonna be car chases, explosions, and hot chicks in this movie....!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is the picture on the top really of Jobs? He looks so much like Ashton Kutcher!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That is Ashton in that picture...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    Is the picture on the top really of Jobs? He looks so much like Ashton Kutcher!
    Yep, that is really jobs. Ashton really did look like the young jobs, which is why I don't get why people bitched Ashton playing Jobs. Well lets just say I understand why... but it's unwarranted as they do look alike.

I just don't know how they'd do older Jobs.

Thanks

am i the only 1 that thinks woz is gonna try to use this movie to show the world how jobs kinda played him?