+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Wanted to Make an Apple Branded Automobile

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by sziklassy Errr... drinking cranberry juice to cure your cancer and rejecting methods that have been shown to work (far higher success rates than cranberry juice consumption) is
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Errr... drinking cranberry juice to cure your cancer and rejecting methods that have been shown to work (far higher success rates than cranberry juice consumption) is pretty foolish (yes, I chose not to use the word stupid). Obviously it was his choice to make and nobody else's. Thing is, I can believe the world is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth. And I suppose, as you put it, I have the right to believe that. But here is the kicker. I would still be wrong...
    Obviously things like the world is flat is not true, but I'm talking about medical cures. People that have cancer try any and all methods to try and kick what they have, that doesn't make them stupid or that any of their future ideas outside of the medical field will be stupid. If they want to try out a different method then they have every right to do it, that's all I was saying. But to make the connection that Job's tried drinking cranberry juice to cure his cancer therefore his ideas for future products are stupid is crazy. I don't even know why you would make that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I'm glad some of you are experts on cancer! Oh and you know the cure too! Because their are proven cures to cancer? That's why theirs millions of fundraisers to find the cure to an already cured disease
    No one's saying we have the cure for cancer, all we're saying is that ppl have the right to try any method they want to fight it, even if that idea is something crazy like drinking cranberry juice. But that doesn't make their ideas stupid as mentioned in the first post, it's ridiculous. The best thing a cancer patient can have is hope, no matter what gives them that.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 05-17-2012 at 09:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loismustdie555 View Post
    You're right in the sense that he has the right to do what he wants to, after all only idiots believe humans have or deserve no free will. But it is a FACT that drinking cranberry juice and using unproven (spiritual) methods of treatment does NOT and NEVER HAS cured cancer! There are MANY scientifically proven methods to treating cancer if a person can accept that they have it and want to be treated before it's too late. He was a genius and I have looked up to him ever since he started proving to people that he would change the world by doing it, look where the world is now; Touch screen phones = virtually non-existent without apple, User friendly graphical user interfaces on personal computers = mostly still command line based personal computers without apple, and a MASSIVE fan-base all around the world for his company. He was an AMAZING man who inspired us all to be BETTER than lowly command line pc users and 1-2 hour battery physical buttoned phone users and become what we are TODAY; The future! The wireless world as we currently know it would very likely not even exist without ONE man; STEVE JOBS! Would Bluetooth, the touch screen phone market, or the touch screen tablet market even exist right now without him? NO! we would be DECADES behind where we are in the technological world without him and you would still be sitting at a freaking DOS prompt right now if it weren't for him and you should have nothing but RESPECT for a dead man of this stature rather than having pointless arguments over his choice of treatment of his cancer.

On topic: An iCar would be AMAZING in the sense that with their already MASSIVE fan-base, they could (in my opinion) VERY EASILY wipe out or at least severely cripple the luxury car market with 2TB of storage, a built in removable Macbook with charging bay slot, built in iPhone charging slot with connection to Siri through USB or Bluetooth, a built in iPad dock/charging bay, and patented iSeats with optional rumble/haptic feedback and 7.1 surround sound and to top it all of and secure the guarantee of a quality and sensible product (NO complaints! This is MY opinion of a quality vehicle maker from years of PERSONAL experience trying ALL standard american made cars which ALL failed constantly after standard use for several years EVEN AFTER going in for regular check ups AND tune ups ON TIME, EVERY TIME! Back on topic-) Toyota, Honda or a similar foreign automobile company to build it.

-End rant
    Just to be clear Steve jobs created none of those products. Did he improve them? Yes. But I think your statements are a bit over the top. I had several touch screen phones before the iPhone and the GUI was invented by IBM if I remember correctly. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by iRevival; 05-17-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This flame war was funny for a second, but now it's annoying. Please live in the now and acknowledge that Steve did what he wanted, but it wasn't enough. Afterall, can you guys arguing about cranberry juice and flat earths bring him back from the dead? I think not. Now excuse me for putting forth my opinion.

An iCar would be pretty spectacular, with Siri as your gps and AppleTV as the in car entertainment. But guess we gotta draw lines somewhere.
    Last edited by dell arness2; 05-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Errr... drinking cranberry juice to cure your cancer and rejecting methods that have been shown to work (far higher success rates than cranberry juice consumption) is pretty foolish (yes, I chose not to use the word stupid). Obviously it was his choice to make and nobody else's. Thing is, I can believe the world is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth. And I suppose, as you put it, I have the right to believe that. But here is the kicker. I would still be wrong...
    He had his reasons. Maybe he didn't like the treatments? Whatever his reason was, I couldn't give any less fucks. The guy revolutionized 4 or more industries. Revolutionize one and I'm pretty sure you'd expect yourself to be called smart

Zon
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I still say the POS tragedy of technology is the Microwave oven.

We need the iMicrowave. Scanner to read the UPC code so it knows exactlly how long to cook for the power built-in. Siri built-in so you can just tell it how many portions of the food are going in (like when you need to tell it two or one mini pizzas). A camera in it so it can tell when your oatmeal is going to overflow and shut-off (I guess you wouldn't need to tell it how many pizzas since it could see how many itself). Also smart enought to see that some dummy put eggs (in the shell) in it to cook and say, 'I'm sorry dave but I can't do that' or in case some kid decides to dry-off their pet gerbil after a bath. You can just put your coffee cup in and say, 'reheat coffee' and it would have a mic built-in so it can hear that the microwave popcorn is done and doesn't burn it.

Design and sell that and buy Tesla with the profits.
    Last edited by Zon; 05-18-2012 at 01:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    I hate seeing stuff this like... uhghh!!!! What steve was planning. If he was so smart why did he drink cranberry juice for a year before he took the operation which from public knowledge would have saved his life.. or extended it for time to come.. but No.. holding hands singing songs and hums clearly didnt change it.
    Because he was scared and in denial. That's like saying, "If you are such a good engineer, why aren't you dating a supermodel?"

Thanks

I'm glad some of you are experts on cancer! Oh and you know the cure too! Because their are proven cures to cancer? That's why theirs millions of fundraisers to find the cure to an already cured disease

Ah yes, way to lump in the hundreds of incurable cancers with those that are perfectly treatable and survivable. Way to make your point. Not.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Getting back to topic.
    Would I buy an iCar designed by Jobs? Hell no.
    Would I buy an iCar designed by people Jobs hire? Still a no because like the computers Apple sell, it will be overpriced.

Thanks

DAMN! I wouldn't buy an iCar (until a jailbreak came out for it and I could tweak it with Cydia) By the way when I typed iCar above and right here my phone wasn't auto correcting it... The iPhones dictionary already includes iCar... += Sales to everyone who has 4 Apple products... Imagine the iCloud integration with the cars audio and hd screens... And the maps app will drive us on auto pilot with gps keeping us from hitting each other... Welcome to the future... Shits getting crazy...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    Just to be clear Steve jobs created none of those products. Did he improve them? Yes. But I think your statements are a bit over the top. I had several touch screen phones before the iPhone and the GUI was invented by IBM if I remember correctly. Just my 2 cents.
    Please note that I said "Virtually non existent" not just "Non existent", which might be confusing for some people who don't speak English (not blaming you here, just simply being universal) so I should have said something like "Almost non existent". I know there have been phones before the iPhone using touch screens but (correct me if I'm wrong here) they were not capacitive and had no app store, which is what turned the idea from a crappy idea into (as Steve Jobs would say it) a "Revolutionary" idea. And BTW I could not find any documents or webpages indicating that the iPhone's GUI was invented by IBM, if you are suggesting IBM invented GUI's in general, all I could find was that the first computer to have a GUI was the Xerox Star made by Xerox, but IBM did invent Common user access.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QOUTE=itslivo;6532232]Just to be clear Steve jobs created none of those products. Did he improve them? Yes. But I think your statements are a bit over the top. I had several touch screen phones before the iPhone and the GUI was invented by IBM if I remember correctly. Just my 2 cents.[/QOUTE]

Please note that I said "Virtually non existent" not just "Non existent", which might be confusing for some people who don't speak English (not blaming you here, just simply being universal) so I should have said something like "Almost non existent". I know there have been phones before the iPhone using touch scroens but (correct me if I'm wrong here) they were not capacitive and had no app store, which is what turned the idea from a crappy idea into (as Steve Jobs would say it) a "Revolutionary" idea. And BTW I could not find any documents or webpages indicating that the iPhone's GUI was invented by IBM, if you are suggesting IBM invented GUI's in general, all I could find was that the first computer to have a GUI was the Xerox Star made by Xerox, but IBM did invent Common user access.

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    Because he was scared and in denial. That's like saying, "If you are such a good engineer, why aren't you dating a supermodel?"
    THIS is EXACTLY what people don't understand, MANY people are in that "frame of mind" on things like that until it's too late. Thank you for clearing this up.
    Last edited by loismustdie555; 05-18-2012 at 05:39 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

Ur pretty bad at sarcasm

Thanks

i like and totally agree with your post, and it seems like you should be hired as a project manager for iCAR, seriously i like your ideas and they sound like what an i car would be... How about an iMOTOR/iENGINE, Imagine the best of the best at Apple engineering an all electric motor with something like a more advanced version of snow-leopardX running the whole system...take a napp siri will drive for a while...this would be exciting..base price starting with a 64gb $99,000, 128gb $199,000...and so on..lol i think i want to help design it too>>>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@jaybeans I like the idea of Siri driving for you, but with siri's unreliability, I think Siri would cause a good many iCar accidents. It should have an iPad built in to control stuff like radio and AC, and an iPhone built in that takes you calls for you so the cops don't book you for driving while calling.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12