Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Handsets Being Held at Customs Due to Investigation of Apple Patent Infringement

Thanks

Default HTC Handsets Being Held at Customs Due to Investigation of Apple Patent Infringement

The Taiwanese handset maker HTC recently revealed that shipments of its HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE devices have been delayed because they are being reviewed by U.S. Customs to check for compliance with an injunction by the ITC.

According to a statement by the company “The U.S. availability of the HTC One X and HTC Evo 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval.”

AT&T began selling the HTC One X on May 6 but the device is currently listed as “Out of Stock” on the carrier’s website. The Evo 4G LTE is scheduled to arrive on the Sprint network sometime during the second quarter of 2012. The ITC issued an import ban against HTC last December after Apple pointed out its “data detectors” patent, which outlines a technology for automated detection of data such as phone numbers email addresses, and hyperlinks. With the announcement of the injunction, the patent expert Florian Mueller called the patent “one of medium value” but continued on to note that HTC will be at a “competitive disadvantage” without the data detector feature.

HTC quickly responded stating it had already developed several workarounds to avoid infringement but the company is far from winning the war. Much like the disputes commonly found between Apple and Samsung, Apple and HTC have a similar relationship with constant disputes. As of right now, Apple is appealing the December 2011 ITC ruling in an effort to revive patent claims for “real-time application programming interface” against HTC. We’ll have to wait and see what happens between the two as the disputes continue.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I already have my one X for personal use and there is no comparison to my 4S work phone. HTC blows my iPhone away on every category I can realistically think of. The 4S is a decent phone but if I didn't get it for free I would never use it.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple needs to grow up. Take a little competition. This is ridiculous.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I already have my one X for personal use and there is no comparison to my 4S work phone. HTC blows my iPhone away on every category I can realistically think of. The 4S is a decent phone but if I didn't get it for free I would never use it.
    Would you like to share some examples? I don't know much about the htc.

+1

Let's hear a good honest review

-Luke

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
    why are you here?
    Probably because he owns an iPhone 4s and an HTC One X which is relevant to the article.

Duhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Apple needs to grow up. Take a little competition. This is ridiculous.
    I agree there being anal about this situation and others. Stop crying to daddy (government) all the time.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Peter move and remnants of a megalomaniac named Steve. Tim C seems to be more of a pragmatist and not as emotionally baked (i.e. YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!). So Apple-AS (After Steve), don't cock-block, just go the MS rout and TAKE THE MONEY (i.e. $5-$10 per HTC handset added to Apple's coffers) if they are still in violation. Sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    Would you like to share some examples? I don't know much about the htc.
    The display is obvious but it's brighter and more vibrant as well as larger. The camera can't be touched by most digital cameras under $ 500. It is much snappier and smoother than my iPhone. The only thing apple has is weight due to a solid build out of glass and stainless vs plastic. The iPhone has a slight edge in design but that's it. This is my honest opinion as I own both but I will always theme iOS.