+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpeace Finding New Ways to Harass Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Greenpeace Finding New Ways to Harass Apple

As MMi has routinely covered in recent months, the folks at Greenpeace have been vocal to say the least about their disapproval of Apple's environmental record.

Greenpeace’s anger dates back to Apple's attempt to present itself as a clean-energy proponent and practitioner. But the international environmental organization says that Apple’s huge Maiden, North Carolina data center is anything but "green."

This week, Greenpeace has begun projecting messages (think gigantic laser pen but with Twitter comments) on the outer shell of Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California. Other members of Greenpeace have begun protesting directly outside of the N.C. data center location.

Greenpeace also projected messages onto the glass entryway into one building asking Apple to "just stop using coal" and "be part of the next century, not last."
    And there's no indication that the protests will subside any time soon.

"Apple’s executives have thus far ignored the hundreds of thousands of people asking them to use their influence for good by building a cloud powered by renewable energy," says Greenpeace USA Director Phil Radford. "As Apple’s customers, we love our iPhones and iPads, but we don’t want to use an iCloud fueled by the smog of dirty coal pollution."

Source: CNET

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I think this whole save the environment and global warming crap is a joke

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Honestly, I think this whole save the environment and global warming crap is a joke
    Honestly I doubt anyone cares about what you thinks (and especially if it is such selfish crap imho).

Thanks

Apple should not make false claims. Sounds like the attention was "invited" Im all about being honest and honestly Apple didn't have to say they are GREEN at all. There would be no protesting if the aforementioned didn't take place. With that being said, what does GreenPeace stand to gain for harassing Apple? Oh yeah..headlines

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Labertasche View Post
    Honestly I doubt anyone cares about what you thinks (and especially if it is such selfish crap imho).
    Great to know we have treehuggers on modmyi. Lol

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks

And yet priuses and hybrids and other electric vehicles that use coal power are somehow the best thing since sliced bread. What a bunch of hypocrites. Their Greenpeace boats must run on unicorn tears.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

iPod (05-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    And yet priuses and hybrids and other electric vehicles that use coal power are somehow the best thing since sliced bread. What a bunch of hypocrites. Their Greenpeace boats must run on unicorn tears.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw Greenpeace, they just go after Apple to get more attention! It's stupid. Why don't they go bother the Sea Shepherd, all they do is waste fuel, time, and money making up lies and trying to hurt the Japanese

Thanks
    Apple clearly wasn't referring to the environment
    when they spoke about being a green company, they were
    referring to all the money they rake in from us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Actually all their vehicles have recently been upgraded to run on the tears of poorly treated orphaned children and babies.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Screw Greenpeace, they just go after Apple to get more attention! It's stupid. Why don't they go bother the Sea Shepherd, all they do is waste fuel, time, and money making up lies and trying to hurt the Japanese
    i second the motion SCREW GREANPEACE DAMN TREE HUGGING HIPPIES.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loismustdie555 View Post
    Actually all their vehicles have recently been upgraded to run on the tears of poorly treated orphaned children and babies.
    +1 lol that made me laugh! At end of the day apple is a good target for them but end of the day green peace is a 2 faced bunch of fools! If they Where truly worried they would leave the planet and sod off!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Labertasche View Post
    I care what they think but I don't care what YOU think.

Just a bunch of hypocrites who want to whine about how good their lives are to the companies that gave them their modern conveniences. Why don't you spend your time figuring out how to replace oil with something just as cost effective? Until that exists.... I'll keep driving around my 12mpg truck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great to know we have treehuggers on modmyi. Lol
    you should care about the earth. you've only got one, and even if you don't care about destroying it, should you have any children (god forbid) they'll be at least mildly irked by the callousness and shortsightedness with which you formed your opinions about living harmoniously with nature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kddo14 View Post
    you should care about the earth. you've only got one, and even if you don't care about destroying it, should you have any children (god forbid) they'll be at least mildly irked by the callousness and shortsightedness with which you formed your opinions about living harmoniously with nature.
    Who said I didn't care? I think it's ridiculous that people think we're destroying the earth and are causing global warming and that we're all gonna die from that. God will take care of the earth and He will not allow it to heat itself to death unless it is His will.

Thanks

God will take care of the earth and He will not allow it to heat itself to death unless it is His will.
    Agreed!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Agreed!
    It's going to happen, global warming: natural part of the earths cycle. We humans only exists in the gap between ice ages so to be callous and purposely hurt earth can be bad for the younger generation but it's survival of the fit and if parents do our job right then the young will survive.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Honestly, I do think that we need to constantly be finding ways to better take care of the earth, it is our home after all. That being said, I think Apple has taken reasonable measures to do so, no they aren't instant and will take some time to complete, but are reasonable.

I think a lot of people in Greenpeace are fooling themselves into thinking they are doing something positive, but here are a few questions:
    How are they getting to these locations?
    What is powering their laser pointers?
    What truly is clean energy these days? Solar? Wind? No, it still uses coal and fossil fuel based energy to manufacture and deliver the parts. In addition, those manufacturing the parts consume food, that food is shipped on vehicles that use fossil fuels. So really, is there such a thing as clean energy these days? Probably not, but there is such a thing as cleaner energy, which many (including Apple) are taking advantage of.

Thanks

Who said I didn't care? I think it's ridiculous that people think we're destroying the earth and are causing global warming and that we're all gonna die from that. God will take care of the earth and He will not allow it to heat itself to death unless it is His will.
    For the record, unless a planet hits the Earth, it will never be "destroyed". It will just start again. And for those looking to God for help? .....Good luck with that. I'd rather trust in us & our ability to make change before that happens (which we are already doing). I'd say Greenpeace is part of that process but after the things Ive heard about them, they disgust me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen711 View Post
    It's going to happen, global warming: natural part of the earths cycle. We humans only exists in the gap between ice ages so to be callous and purposely hurt earth can be bad for the younger generation but it's survival of the fit and if parents do our job right then the young will survive.
    You're entitled to your opinion, and from a scientific stand point I'd say you're right. Science is still something to incorporate in life, there's no doubt about that. However, I believe something different. I just think unless God wanted it to happen then it won't, and if it does then He was behind it