+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: Photo Sharing Coming to iCloud at WWDC

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
According to knowledgeable sources speaking with the Wall Street Journal, on Monday it was reported that Apple anticipates updating its iCloud service in a major way by the time WWDC
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default WSJ: Photo Sharing Coming to iCloud at WWDC

According to knowledgeable sources speaking with the Wall Street Journal, on Monday it was reported that Apple anticipates updating its iCloud service in a major way by the time WWDC kicks off in a few weeks from now.

The new functionality would allow iCloud users to share their photos with other iCloud users. Making it a truly social experience, viewers can even comment on the pictures they are admiring. As we all know, iCloud users, for the time being, can only save one group of pics through Photo Stream, which is not a social functionality.

If you think this sounds like Apple is trying to better compete with Facebook and its $1 billion dollar baby known as Instagram, you're right. "Apple is trying to better compete in the red-hot market for photo sharing," the WSJ reports, "dominated by fast-growing online services such as Facebook..."

If such a reality manifests, look for the features to come in Apple's next refreshed mobile operating system, iOS 6, which will most likely be the key attraction at WWDC.

Source: WSJ

Green Apple
    Thanks

wonder if this is in part why they are ceasing the me.com gallery... really hope there is something to this as far as the photos go as i really like the me.com gallery

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They alrea had photosharing and youd be dumb not too. This does not mean that they are directly competing. It just means they added basic software that should be expected

Green Apple
    Thanks

To be honest I don't think we will see an iOS refresh (meaning iOS6) at WWDC, they will stick with 5.X.X for a while until at least the rumored iPhone 5 comes out. Just my thoughts.