+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Chairman Confirms Existence of Apple HDTV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Chairman Confirms Existence of Apple HDTV

Foxconn chairman Terry Gou leaked information potentially confirming the existence of Apple's HDTV. At the very least it confirms the chairmans belief that Foxconn will be involved in the manufacturing of Apple’s much rumored HDTV.

In an interview published in the China Daily Gou said that Foxconn is making preparations for Apple’s new HDTV.

Gou said Foxconn is making preparations for iTV, Apple Inc's rumored upcoming high-definition television, although development or manufacturing has yet to begin.

iTV reportedly features an aluminum construction, Siri, and FaceTime video calling

Foxconn's recent 50-50 joint venture factory with Sharp in Japan is one of the preparations made for the new device, Gou added. — China Daily
    For a company deeply entrenched in the Apple Universe for over a half decade you’d think Foxconn’s employees would be privy to how private Apple keeps information about forthcoming products. Especially employees as high up as Gou.

Don’t expect Apple to comment on Gou’s comments, and don’t expect and iTV or Apple HDTV announcement anytime soon either. This is the most concrete information we’re likely to get concerning the existence of Apple’s HDTV outside of an official announcement and the constant piecing together of rumors concerning Apple’s supply chain.

Source: China Daily [via MacRumors]

Green Apple
    Thanks

can't wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

If at all true, this just helps the apple buzz in the wood works. Good for business.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hmm....makes me wonder if Apple wanted it to leak to judge if there would be enough consumer interest.

In all honesty, I can't think of any features that would make me want to buy their TV over a less expensive VISIO model.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That he thinks it'll be called iTV is enough to not believe this

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh. 46" Samsung LED 1080p 120Hz and a Mac Mini. Probably $1000 cheaper and a better option. I'm sure the iTV will be like the AppleTV in that you can't watch non-iTunes purchased video.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sharp Quattron iTV?
    I had Sharp HDTV, don't care for it and put it in the library so I can get a new one from Samsung.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

We need ways to watch different things, not different ways to watch the same things.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, it will have higher resolution than regular HDTV, probably high enough to display the videos you record on the New iPad natively. You will need this higher resolution because of how big the TV is getting, 55" is becoming the standard size I am in the market for 80"+ When the TV is that huge you really need super high resolution so it looks right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Well, it will have higher resolution than regular HDTV, probably high enough to display the videos you record on the New iPad natively. You will need this higher resolution because of how big the TV is getting, 55" is becoming the standard size I am in the market for 80"+ When the TV is that huge you really need super high resolution so it looks right.
    If Apple does a 1080 Tv, you looking at $2500 - $3000 range. if Apple puts a 4k screen in that Tv, no one will buy it, because it'll be $12,000!

Not yet, bro.