+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple and Samsung Relent on Numerous Patent Infringement Claims

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple and Samsung are playing a little nicer with each other today. But not much. On Tuesday, Apple and Samsung capitulated a tad to one another with regard to how
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple and Samsung Relent on Numerous Patent Infringement Claims

Apple and Samsung are playing a little nicer with each other today. But not much.

On Tuesday, Apple and Samsung capitulated a tad to one another with regard to how many patent infringement claims each is presenting in their California legal showdown.

As of Monday, Apple tells the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California that the company is willing to drop roughly half of its assortment of patent-infringement claims. Meeting Apple halfway, so to speak, Samsung turned around with an offer to drop five of its 12 patent infringement claims.

Of course, if you haven't been following this saga, Apple and Samsung didn't necessarily cut back their claims on a voluntary basis. Just days ago, Judge Lucy Koh put her foot down and effectively demanded that both parties slash their mounting piles of claims.

"I think that's cruel and unusual punishment to a jury, so I'm not willing to do it," Koh said. "If you're going to trial in July, this is not going to be acceptable.

In other words, just because the fighting has been curtailed with regard to the number of issues both companies are fighting over, it doesn't look like Apple and Samsung are truly any closer to resolving this matter in a timely fashion.

Source: FOSS Patents

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Does any1 care about this case? In case anyone wants to know, I for one don't!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Does any1 care about this case? In case anyone wants to know, I for one don't!

I don't think anyone cares that you don't care about it...you didn't have to read it then make a comment about it....

I think the Judge is lazy. I bet most people on the Jury could care less how many patents there are. I can see why it would be a pain, but there's no reason why Apple and Samsung can't present them all. That's what it's there for.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Stanley Hudson from the office says it best "ive been trying to get jury duty for a long time.. free lunch air conditioned room a day off JUDGING PEOPLE. Whats their not to love" I doubt the jury should care....:P

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

i don't think anyone cares that you don't care about it...you didn't have to read it then make a comment about it....

I think the judge is lazy. I bet most people on the jury could care less how many patents there are. I can see why it would be a pain, but there's no reason why apple and samsung can't present them all. That's what it's there for.
    lol

Thanks

I could give a rats a55 about apple's "problems". Your wealth and bickering sicken me.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Stanley Hudson from the office says it best "ive been trying to get jury duty for a long time.. free lunch air conditioned room a day off JUDGING PEOPLE. Whats their not to love" I doubt the jury should care....:P
    Exactly!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't care about the case but this is still interesting news. Didn't think a judge would really force huge companies to cut down on claims like that. Didn't think they even had the authority to do so.

Thanks
    This is funny ,Samsung has release its new phone Galaxy 3, which is more different from iphone. It is seaid that apple has gained something on this issue, the Galaxy 3 is just an example.
    Remember you are young forever if you love this world.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 851 Posts

I still think all this litigation between Apple and Samsung was orchestrated to gain free press. It's diabolical.

Thanks

They remind me of those cheesey chick flicks where the guy and girl are fighting through the whole movie until they realize they really love each other and get married. I think they should just bang already and get it over with. LOL.

The should just merge and become "Appsung" or "Sampple".

Seriously, they should stop wasting millions upon millions on lawsuits and spend the money on R&D instead.