+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Lost' Steve Jobs Interview Returning to Theaters Next Week

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
One week from today, Steve Jobs will return to the box office. It may not be The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises, but the iconic Apple chief will once
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default 'Lost' Steve Jobs Interview Returning to Theaters Next Week

One week from today, Steve Jobs will return to the box office. It may not be The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises, but the iconic Apple chief will once again grace the silver screen in a 70-minute documentary that was considered "lost" not too long ago.

Magnolia Pictures has confirmed that the film, which was first released last fall just weeks after Jobs passed away, will return to Landmark Theatres on May 11th. "Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview" will subsequently be released to DVD later this summer.

The interview dates back 17 years to when Apple was preparing to buy NeXT - a fateful decision that would help restore Jobs to power and put Apple back on the fast-track to revolutionizing computing and mobile technologies as we presently know them.

Amazingly, the original footage was thought be lost during shipping many years ago, but the masters were eventually recovered right around the time of Steve Jobs' death. The footage was then digitized and prepped for the big screen.

If you haven't seen the film yet, check out a few clips from the reel below.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This will be lost again because all the summer blockbuster is being released, most likely will go directly to 2nd run theaters within a week of release then directly to DVD.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    This will be lost again because all the summer blockbuster is being released, most likely will go directly to 2nd run theaters within a week of release then directly to DVD.
    That won't be a bad thing for me. I don't think it will screen in cinemas in Australia and the sooner it goes to DVD the sooner I get to see it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmeg42 View Post
    That won't be a bad thing for me. I don't think it will screen in cinemas in Australia and the sooner it goes to DVD the sooner I get to see it.
    +1 from another Aussie

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

So many Aussies