Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Maker RIM Behind Anti Apple Campaign

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default BlackBerry Maker RIM Behind Anti Apple Campaign

Desperate times, they say, call for desperate measures.

With BlackBerry's prospects for a profitable future falling faster than the weight of a contestant on the Biggest Loser, it comes as little surprise that Research in Motion will do just about anything these days to gain some attention and generate some sales.

And we mean anything.

According to published reports late Monday, it was the BlackBerry maker that was behind the controversial "Wake Up" campaign that transpired outside of an Apple store and other well-populated and traveled areas in Australia.

RIM's protest at the Apple store involved a flash mob of black-clad demonstrators shouting at customers to "wake up."
    Despite initial rumors that Samsung was behind the ordeal, we can now confirm a different culprit altogether.

"We can confirm that the Australian 'Wake Up' campaign, which involves a series of experiential activities taking place across Sydney and Melbourne, was created by RIM Australia," RIM now admits.

The campaign is designed to help draw attention toward the looming BlackBerry 10's release. RIM says the company has further surprises in store for May 7, when it will make a revelation of sorts that will help show Australians and others what a smartphone for business can and should be able to do.

Source: The Age

You know a viral marketing campaign is successful when everyone speculates anyone, but your own company was behind it. Samsung should thank RIM for the free publicity....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    You know a viral marketing campaign is successful when everyone speculates anyone, but your own company was behind it. Samsung should thank RIM for the free publicity....
    I couldn't agree more.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

That's it RIM, FIGHT! bout time...

Ever heard of the last gasp of a dying bread? We are seeing it unfold as RIM and Blackberry 10 wither and die on the vine.

I think you mean breed, not bread I hope they reveal something decent. Blackberry was always known as the business phone back in the day, as far as I am aware.

Thanks

I've woken up... You know like the tablet that they demoed at our work that had all these features that didn't work yet. My girlfriend also promised me to stop cheating on me "soon" and my boss promises to raise my pay double "soon" if I do well enough. All I need now is my blackberry playbook!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right... the day a Blackberry (the entry-level smartphone) is better than Apple (the most advanced smartphone), I'll s**t bricks. I highly foresee this new phone being nothing but another stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by prostheus View Post
    I think you mean breed, not bread I hope they reveal something decent. Blackberry was always known as the business phone back in the day, as far as I am aware.
    Logically he means "Last gasp of dying breath." Bread and breed are way off from the saying.
    Last edited by xshey; 05-01-2012 at 03:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    And still they are all waiting what Apple is going to launche for the 5th gen iPhone so they can all copy it in their own way.
    To me it looks like they are all so jalious at Apple..... but anyway mine is an i and dont want anything else...

please excuus my spelling....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

RIM needs help. BAD! I hope they make some sort of comeback as it only encourages competition. Which is good for me.

Thanks

Sounds like a wounded animal on the side of the road. Call the cops..they put a bullet in the animals head and carry on..the bullet will be the next iPhone KA POW haha! :]

rims gonna have to get a new job... giving rim-jobs hahaha sorry thats obscene

this is just sad, they were supposed to be the biggest company and in the blink of an eye dropped to zero.

These guys are the Newt Gingrich of the technology world. Just go off and die already. Nobody cares about you anymore.

Well first off.. Naming your company rim can get some publicity

Second this is one of the most desperate moves... But then again if I was offered to go yell wake up at people for money I would jump on the band wagon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They were only the biggest company because they had no real competition. When BlackBerry was your only option for a smartphone, of course they would hold the title of the biggest. But, with Apple, Google, and Microsoft innovating the ways how we use our phones. Blackberry is just stuck in the past. They are using the same OS they did 10 years ago. I have no idea what they could be doing wrong...

BB failed to see the future... didn't apple come to them and asking for BBM to be integrated into the iWhateverPlatform and they said NO.

I've had BBs for over 10 years (because of work) and honestly I avoid using it as much as possible. I rather have my phone calls forwarded to my personal idevise.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

BB just needs to give it up! You had your chance to jump into the smartphone biz but didn't! Anything you put out now will be behind Windows Phone, and they have a small percentage of the market already. Just sit back and let your company die out as it should

RIM IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! If they were to APE the iPhone 4s in every way (hardware/OS etc.) and heck add a few spec bumps (memory, cores, etc.) PEOPLE STILL WOULDN'T BUY IT! Remember, we are talking about an identical clone+ here. The only difference? It has RIM logo instead of Apple.

So, are people caught in the "fruit matrix?" absolutely YES! To the point where the ability to de-tune a device antenna occurs by holding it "normally" and what is the response by the head honcho? Never mind what you see in our ads, "YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!" So WAKE UP! is totally appropriate. Sayin...

PS and this from a guy that has never owned a blackberry...
    Last edited by Lohand; 05-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.

If RIM wants to wake me up they need to do it with new hardware and features. Stupid flash mob stunts and attack ads in general are funny, but makes their company look pathetic.

Is that really the only thing coming out of their r&d dept?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast