+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Maker RIM Behind Anti Apple Campaign

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
FIRST off..no disrespect to RIM..since it was BB that got me into the whole smartphone crazy. I remember my first smartphone being the BB 8310..which i thought was Cool &
    Thanks

FIRST off..no disrespect to RIM..since it was BB that got me into the whole smartphone crazy. I remember my first smartphone being the BB 8310..which i thought was Cool & when the First iPhone came out i was like,"Nah!!!" not gonna beat MY BB....but then the sudden burst of 3G came out into the populous and i THOUGHT...man!!!! there's gonna be a 3G Version of what i THOUGHT was & still THINK..@ least to me is there most popular selling model 8310.BUT...they didn't and i saw how the iPhone was such a simple phone..so i bought the 3G..& never looked back. NOW..i've owned just about EVERY Mobile OS out there besides the WebOS which i WISH i could have so i'd have a lot more to compare but..it's sad when a company has to go THIS far just to show how much they loath Apple; back in the day..when RIMM was HUGE...if another company where to flash Mob them..i'm sure it would have gotten the same reaction as this.Now back in the day RIMM..was the **** CAUSE they WHERE the smartphone to beat for businesses back in the day..but now its Apple so RIMM is just going to have to accept it for now, cause this is just plan stupid RIMM how's this helping ya?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm telling you, the first phone maker to create something that sucks my **** will receive all the bacon. Start innovating or get to the back of the bus, RIMM.

Thanks

I don't see how this would help it regain the business customers it has lost! Surely it would be the non-business customers that would see this and these are the ones rim have said they will no longer be supporting once their current handsets have sold out! Rim should be spending this money on hardware and software development and retake the crown if they really want it not go out and cry in public

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

That's what I call a "RIMshot"... lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    If RIM wants to wake me up they need to do it with new hardware and features. Stupid flash mob stunts and attack ads in general are funny, but makes their company look pathetic.

Is that really the only thing coming out of their r&d dept?
    How about this for starters...
    http://cdn.crackberry.com/files/adam...erry-blade.jpg

It would be one of the sickest devices if only it materializes in tact and not just in rumor mills or the minds of crack berry heads. Will it be enough to WAKE UP the masses from their "fruity slumber"? I honestly don't know the answer...

Zon
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Did RIM hire Microsoft's ad agency or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post

It would be one of the sickest devices if only it materializes in tact and not just in rumor mills or the minds of crack berry heads. Will it be enough to WAKE UP the masses from their "fruity slumber"? I honestly don't know the answer...
    I don't think it will be enough! They where far to late to see the need for a app store and that's their biggest downfall now they have chosen to leave the consumer market and that will not help them as most of apples money is from the consumer

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I am awake and will not give up my far advanced iPhone 4 up for a inferior keyboard smartphone which has a ugly white UI and lack of apps, making it useless. BBM is not a selling point anymore, with carriers giving unlimited free texts and apps allowing cross platform chat for a small price, is there any need for a BB?

iPhone's business functionality is superior tbh, as most companies use Exchange and iPhone supports push exchange. Why must companies be jealous of the iPhone? It's their fault for not thinking outside the box and pushing out useless smartphones for years and now all want to copy Apple and steal its customers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

the famous "wake up" demonstration.....not that long ago someone reported that Samsung was behind this causing all the fanboys to rage against Android when it was actually RIM who was behind this. Talk about getting your facts straight before making up a story to make the competitors look bad

Thanks

RIM IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! If they were to APE the iPhone 4s in every way (hardware/OS etc.) and heck add a few spec bumps (memory, cores, etc.) PEOPLE STILL WOULDN'T BUY IT! Remember, we are talking about an identical clone+ here. The only difference? It has RIM logo instead of Apple.

So, are people caught in the "fruit matrix?" absolutely YES! To the point where the ability to de-tune a device antenna occurs by holding it "normally" and what is the response by the head honcho? Never mind what you see in our ads, "YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!" So WAKE UP! is totally appropriate. Sayin...

PS and this from a guy that has never owned a blackberry...
    Why would you buy a clone from a company that you are not even sure is going to exist vs a company that has a very proven record, tons of applications behind it, and that will actually send out updates to all their phones for at least 2 years.

Hmm lets try this new thing out that might lose support 5 months after release...

Kiddies can't see the big picture that's why they all want to be different and stand out by making bad decisions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

You forgot one factor. There has never been even one good slider phone made, ever. Not even once.

RIM's dead.

*T*
    Thanks

Why are they always in Australia???

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12