+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eleven-Year-Old Boy Urinates On $36k Worth of MacBook Computers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
"Well, there goes $36,000 worth of good computers," as Upper Allen Elementary School staff must have been thinking to themselves after an eleven-year-old boy dropped his pants and urinated all
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Eleven-Year-Old Boy Urinates On $36k Worth of MacBook Computers

"Well, there goes $36,000 worth of good computers," as Upper Allen Elementary School staff must have been thinking to themselves after an eleven-year-old boy dropped his pants and urinated all over a computer cart full of 36 MacBook computers on Wednesday. All 36 MacBook computers were damaged in the incident.

I’m not sure what it would have taken to get a child to think it was a good idea to treat a cart of computers like a urinal, however peer pressure or feeling the need for revenge may have played a huge part of it. We know that children’s minds are not yet fully developed to completely understand the gravity of destroying $36,000 worth of computers, but it simply makes sense even to a somewhat normal eleven-year-old child that urinating should be saved for the bathroom.

According to the police that populated this event, the MacBook computers were damaged beyond repair. Apple does not cover water damage in their AppleCare warranties, let alone something of this caliber. The child was later charged with criminal mischief and is being turned over to the Cumberland County Juvenile Probation Department by police.

I could never fathom the look on the faces of the police when they received the call saying an Elementary school’s computers have been destroyed and defiled by such a mindless act. While the replacement process will be an expensive one for the school, it was probably even worse for the poor staff that had to clean up the mess. One could only feel their remorse and feel sorry for them.

There is an old saying: "When you gotta go, you gotta go."

Sources: Pennlive via Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks

Lmao...not even a retarted kid would do such thing. My sister is 10 years old and sonetimes she outsmarts me lol.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Somewhere there's some white-trash trailer park father saying, "That's ma boy!".

:/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually, with Apple, it might not be as expensive as you think. They generally are very nice to schools and if they explain what happened, it is possible that Apple will work something out with the school.

It would generate a lot of goodwill for Apple, which they could probably use right now between the Malware items popping up everywhere and the Greenpeace protests.

That being said, this kid was just plain dumb and I hope they lock him away for a very long time and possibly the parents as well, after all, they are responsible for educating their children about what is right and wrong.
    Last edited by cmwade77; 04-30-2012 at 11:50 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Actually, with Apple, it might not be as expensive as you think. They generally are very nice to schools and if they explain what happened, it is possible that Apple will work something out with the school.

It would generate a lot of goodwill for Apple, which they could probably use right now between the Malware items popping up everywhere and the Greenpeace protests.
    ya right, Apple has poor relations with school districts. Our district has purchased over 150 iPads and what they consider an educational discount is laughable. If anything happens to an iPad whether its defective or accidental, we are told to find the nearest apple store and deal with it there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    Somewhere there's some white-trash trailer park father saying, "That's ma boy!".

:/
    Just say Android user.

Thanks

Actually the School system sucks and are a bunch of theives with the prices of a book costs. I am glad Apple is charging the school system a hell of alot money. Karma.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

I blame the parents for the values and manors they teach him. Also why was there $36,000 in school equipment laying around unsecured. There is just enough money in a band room and even thats locked.How much piss can come out An 11 year old? lol
    Side note who was watching the kid?
    Last edited by sirbebe; 04-30-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    Actually the School system sucks and are a bunch of theives with the prices of a book costs. I am glad Apple is charging the school system a hell of alot money. Karma.
    The school doesn't set book prices. That is the fault of the book publishers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

There is something very, very wrong with that kid.

Thanks

"Destroyed"?? Just rinse them off, let them dry and they're good to go. The other kids, forced to use them, will punish the perp in their own way and problem solved. Sheesh, why does everything in America get a complete over-reaction?

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a whiz kid to me! Pun intended!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

That being said, this kid was just plain dumb and I hope they lock him away for a very long time and possibly the parents as well, after all, they are responsible for educating their children about what is right and wrong.
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

**Mod edit: unnecessary comment**

On a note pertaining to the article. I think the school's insurance will cover this, or the state depending on whether it was public or private. So no harm no foul. The computer's probably weren't purchase for retail since they were bought in bulk.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 04-30-2012 at 09:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

The malware thing is way overplayed. The "Greenpeace" idiots are only making themselves look stupid, not Apple. Apple doesn't need to do anything to look good but keep making awesome products. The school should just sue the kid's parents and make them pay for it.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

$36,000 of MacBooks gone in 5 minutes... Wow, just wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    "Destroyed"?? Just rinse them off, let them dry and they're good to go. The other kids, forced to use them, will punish the perp in their own way and problem solved. Sheesh, why does everything in America get a complete over-reaction?
    Amen! Oh, then we'd have a big bully case:P

Thanks

I feel like this article is written for a local paper and the location of the incident is a given. But it's not. All I read was upper Allen school and cumberland county. Am I missing something?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha the child didn't know what he was doing and any of you who think he did are dumb..haha
    If he knew what he was doing he would have just taken them

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast