Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eleven-Year-Old Boy Urinates On $36k Worth of MacBook Computers

Hmm maybe teaching (you know that thing they're supposed to do in schools) the kids better morals, parents play their part but schools are supposed to educate, and btw sack the numpty who left that kind of expensive equiptment laying around unsupervised long enough for a child to p#%$ on it!

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    The malware thing is way overplayed. The "Greenpeace" idiots are only making themselves look stupid, not Apple. Apple doesn't need to do anything to look good but keep making awesome products. The school should just sue the kid's parents and make them pay for it.
    I agree with you about Greenpeace for the most part, but the malware issue has been [b]under[b]played, if anything, since the figures that have reported are only known cases. I do computer support for both businesses as well as house-calls and I see cases of OS X based malware all the time, and it's been getting a lot more frequent over the past year; it really is a lot higher than just what's been reported. It always is, no matter what OS you're talking about. News reports or reports from an A/V firm only reflect the people they've actually surveyed, but the question is how many other are there that don't make the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Lmao...not even a retarted kid would do such thing. My sister is 10 years old and sonetimes she outsmarts me lol.
    This is why you only buy kids netbooks for school, nice and disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    **mod edit**
    On a note pertaining to the article. I think the school's insurance will cover this, or the state depending on whether it was public or private. So no harm no foul. The computer's probably weren't purchase for retail since they were bought in bulk.
    They should have gotten them Liquipel.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 04-30-2012 at 10:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Actually, with Apple, it might not be as expensive as you think. They generally are very nice to schools and if they explain what happened, it is possible that Apple will work something out with the school.

It would generate a lot of goodwill for Apple, which they could probably use right now between the Malware items popping up everywhere and the Greenpeace protests.

That being said, this kid was just plain dumb and I hope they lock him away for a very long time and possibly the parents as well, after all, they are responsible for educating their children about what is right and wrong.
    I wouldn't hope as much...

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a case of more free-range children we have so many of today. No rules, no respect. Just how much liquid does an 11 year olds bladder hold? I can't imagine how this happened. Did he lay them out in a row and run along as he squirted?

Default Over Reaction
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    "Destroyed"?? Just rinse them off, let them dry and they're good to go. The other kids, forced to use them, will punish the perp in their own way and problem solved. Sheesh, why does everything in America get a complete over-reaction?
    Right you are, I dropped my MacBook Pro in a mud puddle and it was there until I missed it! Got it out of the puddle, removed the battery, rinsed it with distilled water, wrapped it in a dish cloth (dry) and put it into a large container of dry rice. Got it out in two days and fired right up...no problems.

lelitton

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

The school should call me to properly dispose of those units. I aint afraid of no piss! It washes off!

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Lmao...not even a retarted kid would do such thing. My sister is 10 years old and sonetimes she outsmarts me lol.
    Sigh...

He only wanted to water the Apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

What is a school doing with mac books? They should just have macs. How does one actually relieve himself enought to get $36,000 worth of mac books, even at 2G's a pop thats still eighteen. Is each "destruyed" cause is was slightly splashed? if they're not turned on would they even be "destroyed"? Some things don't add up here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Haha the child didn't know what he was doing and any of you who think he did are dumb..haha
    If he knew what he was doing he would have just taken them
    +1
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

"the MacBook computers were damaged beyond repair"- I call BS. They pushed that claim probably for legal and insurance reasons. Will there be urine on the laptops? Yes. Might there be some water damage? Yes. Is it beyond repair? Absolutely not. Urine isn't some sort of corrosive acid or gasoline and fire. It's really just smelly water... coming from an 11 year old. How much could an 11 year old possibly pee?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Some body Daddy is going to be mad when they get a bill the for 36K.

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    That being said, this kid was just plain dumb and I hope they lock him away for a very long time and possibly the parents as well, after all, they are responsible for educating their children about what is right and wrong.
    This is an 11 year old kid we are talking about! You don't lock a little kid away for that.

Mod Edit: Please do not insult other users.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-30-2012 at 04:59 PM.

What the hell is wrong with this kid... At 11 he should know better.*shakes head*

Give them a bath. Put an air compressor to the computers. Bake them dry. All should be well.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

How much pee did this kid have? 36k with a school discount had to of been 20-30 macbooks (depending on Air/Pro/screen size)

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha. Why couldn't he just stick to hittin toilet bowls like the rest of us.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

He should have crapped on it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast