+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vocalabs: Apple Scores Well Against Competition when it comes to Customer Service

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Vocalabs: Apple Scores Well Against Competition when it comes to Customer Service

A new cross-industry study published by research firm Vocalabs noted that Apple led the pack in the company’s ongoing National Customer Service Survey. The study ended up extrapolating data collected from 2,379 customer comments and complaints taken at the end of 7,149 phone interviews conducted between January 2011 to March 2012.

The report focused on comments made about tech companies such as Apple, Dell, and HP as well as wireless carriers such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. In the study it was revealed that Apple had the lowest number of customers saying they would leave with 0.44% customers with President and CEO of Vocalabs, Peter U. Leppik stating that “Apple maintained its customer loyalty despite the fact there are few barriers to switching.” Apple came in second when it came to language issues with 0.55% of customers complaining about problems with communicating with Apple representatives (a number that is still relatively low).

Another issue that was touched upon was rude or impolite behavior on part of the service representatives. Here, Apple again came in second with 0.55% behind Dell, which had 2.98%. When it came to virtual representatives with was perceived as one of the more pervasive problems with large corporations, customers frequently complain that it is difficult to get in touch with a human being. Apple scored the worst in the tech company category of the survey with 3.31%. The final metric in the study focused on hang-ups, whether they were intentional or incidental that customers had to experience. Apple scored in last place with 0.55% (meaning it did the best in the tech category).

Overall, Apple ended up performing quite well against the competition in the tech category, which is something many of you may agree with.

Source: Vocalabs

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

This is what I miss about Apple here in India. Customer service s**ks. Please do not get any macbooks repaired here.. (Display panel to be precise).. you might just to end up with a substandard panel.
    I remember flying down with a macbook pro santa rosa [2008] 15" from Ohio. In 18 months I needed to get it replaced because there were a few dead pixels. That is when i approached Maple [Authorised Repair Center: Bandra, Mumbai] to get it replaced. The initial panel was delivered after 7 days and was told to get my macbook in for services. When I got my mbp back, the viewing angles were horrible [If you look at it from the extreme left-right, the screen showed inverted colors... like an X-RAY]! Even TN panels are not that bad!! I went in for an immediate replacement which took another 2 weeks and finally got the panel fixed with a new panel after a whole bloody month! In the next one year, I had to get it replaced 3 more times. In mid-2011 my extended warranty expired and a month later... my display panel went kaput!
    I love apple products but they seriously need to reconsider their customer services in India... especially the parts they order for replacement.
    Lastly, when I went to replace my RAM [for the second time... the first time I went to Maple] from another authorised reseller [probably the main branch]. They told me that my RAM had been swapped with a duplicate one. I luckily had my invoice.. they replaced it for free. If I would have lost the invoice... I would have had to pay up for a new RAM even though my MBP was under the warranty!!
    Last edited by jigar7; 04-28-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The difference between apples customer service and everyone else's is that it's in America.. As said above too.