Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly in Talks With EPIX About Bringing Streaming Content to Apple HDTV

Default Apple Reportedly in Talks With EPIX About Bringing Streaming Content to Apple HDTV

Reuters is reporting that Apple initiated talks earlier this year with EPIX in hopes of incorporating the streaming properties owned by EPIX into the rumored Apple HDTV.

EPIX is a streaming movie service created by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp, MGM, and Viacom’s Paramount pictures. According to two unnamed sources (not one, but two!) EPIX would offer streaming of its sought after premium content to Apple’s currentTV set-top box. However, one of the two source said the agreement would include future Apple television products as well.

Whether or not the last part of the rumor indicates Apple is planning to release an internet connected HDTV depends on how one reads into the statement. Apple HDTV rumors have been circulating for more than a year, and became more ferocious after Steve Jobs' biography written by Walter Isaacson exposed that Jobs thought he had finally figured out how to do TV right.

If anyone can afford to deal with EPIX, and other content creators it is Apple. Currently EPIX is locked into a $200 million a year deal with Netflix that ends in September. That kind of money is chump change to Apple in licensing terms, especially with the prospect of another hit product on the horizon.

Apple changed the recording industry and they’re likely the only ones powerful enough to change the movie and cable television distribution to the masses.

Source: Reuters
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 04-27-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Netflix's streaming service is anything but satisfying. The only redeeming aspects are that full libraries of TV shows such as Stargate Universe, Battle Star Gallactica, and Star Trek are available. The movies are nonexistent. They really need to get their butts in gear because I use my Hulu+ account way more than my Netflix account. I would pay upwards of $50 a month if I had access to every movie ever made and was given access to brand new movies the minute they hit DVD. Other than that... the service sucks monkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Netflix's streaming service is anything but satisfying. The only redeeming aspects are that full libraries of TV shows such as Stargate Universe, Battle Star Gallactica, and Star Trek are available. The movies are nonexistent. They really need to get their butts in gear because I use my Hulu+ account way more than my Netflix account. I would pay upwards of $50 a month if I had access to every movie ever made and was given access to brand new movies the minute they hit DVD. Other than that... the service sucks monkey balls.
    I am very statisfied between Hulu+ and Netflix. Covers many bases. But it is neither of them fault for not having movies on release day. The media companies that hold the rights and have made deals with them. They told netflix that they would get a much larger back catalog if they waited a month to get new movies than getting them day one. That is actually a great deal because it makes their library much larger than a few new movies right away instead of a month out.

For the things either of those don't have I just use Redbox. There are way to many of those things around now.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Question? I have Netflix n I think they have way more to offer than Hulu +

In saying that, what do u watch on Hulu+ that is better than Netflix??????

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    Question? I have Netflix n I think they have way more to offer than Hulu +

In saying that, what do u watch on Hulu+ that is better than Netflix??????
    They have newer episodes like episodes that air the day after or week after and allow you to watch hulu on other media devices than just the computer. Like the PS3. But Netflix has a couple shows that put the new episodes up shortly after they air also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Hulu = tv. Netflix = everything last season and older. P2PDL streamed to PS3 for everything else. Or redbox. You know.

Thanks

Netflix delivers outdated content. Hulu + delivers more recent content but there is still something lacking. iTunes offers all the new movies, TV Shows, music..would be nice if Apple could secure another outlet for NEW content. I mean I don't mind Old Yeller..but when you've seen a movie 20 + times..its like NEXT haha! Just an example of most Netflix users. Not to mention I can't believe people still order DVD's and wait by their mailbox for deliver haha. Just as bad as RedBox and BlueBox haha!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Y'all are crazy.... Just watch putlocker...

apple tv should coordinate with hbo.