+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Apple Executive Leaves for JC Penney

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Another Apple Executive Leaves for JC Penney

It was recently announced that former senior director of retail real estate, design and development at Apple, Benjamin Fay, will be following former retail guru Ron Johnson to J.C. Penney. The news comes in as the department store looks to stimulate sales with a fresh look and new branding.

Fay will be answering to former Apple Store chief and current J.C. Penney CEO, Ron Johnson and will be overseeing the retail strategy of the chain’s 1,100+ locations in the United States and Puerto Rico. It is being said that the new acquisition was made in order to help create an entirely new “interface for retail” for the department stores.

According to Johnson “Ben is an incredibly creative professional with extraordinary leadership skills. Having worked with him over the last 12 years, I am delighted to see Ben step into this new role at JCP. His design influence has made the Apple stores highly regarded retail destinations around the world, and I am excited to have Ben place his own mark on JCP as we re-imagine the J.C. Penney store of the future.”

Fay will also be in charge of the “Shops” initiative which is akin to a branded store-within-a-store along with the general responsibilities of remodeling and maintenance of existing J.C. Penney locations. An example would be the Martha Stewart Shops that are planned to roll out within J.C. Penney stores next year.

Source: J.C. Penney (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Spreading the love.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I wanna know what JC Penney is offering these people to pull them from the most valuable company in the world . I couldn't imagine it being that dynamic as Apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I wanna know what JC Penney is offering these people to pull them from the most valuable company in the world . I couldn't imagine it being that dynamic as Apple.
    Maybe they know something about how apple runs internally that you don't. I wouldn't doubt if its a bad place to work. You see how they treat their retair employees. I bet its worse at the corporate place. Or maybe he knows of something coming and jumped ship early.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

JC Penny is going to make computers now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Teej wins.

Thanks

ohh will this be successful?