Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firefox 12 Released

Default FireFox 12 Released

Another update for the Firefox Web browser by Mozilla has been launched, putting the browser at version 12. Unfortunately, the browser doesn’t support Mac OS X Lion’s full-screen mode as it was rumored to have in one of the Firefox version 12 betas. The update is for Mac, Windows, and Linux users. If a Firefox popup window hasn’t already come up alerting you about the version 12 update, you can find it by going to Firefox>About Firefox and the download will begin automatically (Mac).

Firefox 12 features all of the following improvements via the Firefox 12 release notes:
    • Windows users can update Firefox much easier, using the User Account Control (UAC)
    • Page source now numbers the lines of code
    • Line breaks can now be used in the title attribute (Web developers)
    • 'Find in Page' command will now center the browser on the search result if found
    • Pasting a URL to the download manager will start automatic downloads
    • Added support for the text-align-last CSS property (Web developers)
    • Problem with WebGL performance on some Mac OS X machines has been fixed
    • Problem with some TinyMCE-based editors failing to load has been fixed
    • Many security improvements added

Mozilla has also notes that there are some known issues with Firefox 12 that they will be working on for the next version including an issue with vertical scrolling on Synaptic touch pads, slow scrolling in the GMail window, a crashing problem when starting Firefox using a locked profile, and finally a problem where using Windows System Restore could prevent Firefox from alerting you of Firefox updates.

While all of the larger improvements are subject to opinion on their usefulness, the update is recommended for all Firefox users because the security enhancements and stability improvements will help you keep your computer safe and improve your computer performance.

If you're having trouble using the automatic update process, you can download the update manually from the following links:
    Windows: click here
    Mac OS X: click here
    Linux: click here

Sources: Mozilla

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

I swear, just last year I was on Firefox 6.0!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didn't Firefox 12 come out yesturday?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Tired of all these FF updates, it ruins one of the best things about FF...extensions! With every update more and more addons/extensions can't be used because it doesn't work with the new version of FF! Stick with one update every 3-6 months at least! I've started using Chrome for some things, and I don't really like GC that much!

wooo!

ummmm i have a Synaptic touch pad on my computer that i use all the time. I never use the scroll bar on the side, dont screw up my ability with that! Also, as stated above......do we really need monthly updates? Wait longer and release one real good one! haha but regardless, i love FF!

Yup v6.0 was out like a year ago. Mozilla has adopted a fast track system for major revisions. It's getting ridiculous especially releasing a major version update with so many known issues which now probably won't be fixed until FF 13. Just insane to keep pushing major updates with so few minor revisions in between!!!

Does anyone know when Firefox will support full screen mode? I would love to stop using CHrome!

firefox 12 already? why is it so fast?