Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Malware Found Harboring in One in Five Macs

Thanks

Default Windows Malware Found Harboring in One in Five Macs

A sampling reviewed by the security firm, Sophos, which offers a free Mac antivirus software revealed that Windows malware is so prevalent that it quietly presents on 20% of Macs, dwarfing the number of Apple machines infected with actual OS X malware. After reviewing roughly 100,000 Macs, 20% of them were carrying one or more instances of Windows malware.

It was noted by the firm that Windows malware on Macs won’t cause any symptoms unless users utilize Apple’s Boot Camp software to run Windows in addition to OS X. While one in five Macs were found to have Windows malware, 2.7% of machines studied by Sophos were infected with malware specifically tailored to OS X. Most of the malware (75.1%) came in just one form: “Flshplyr,” which is a variant of the “Flashback” trojan.

The security firm believes that Mac owners should ensure that their system isn’t infected with any Windows malware as well. Doing so would help stop the spread of such software, even if it’s present on a Mac, which has no effect on the user. As for the Mac-specific malware, Apple’s OS X recently saw its largest threat to date, in the form of the Flashback trojan, which was said to have infected an estimated 600,000 Macs worldwide at its peak earlier in the month. The number is being reported to have decreased after the recent Java update release to rid machines of Flashack but the trojan still continues to linger as of right now.

Source:Sophos

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude essany already reported this
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Maybe this guy doesn't realize that 20% equates to "one in five"?

Oh jeez guys don't pee your pants because of a mistake.. I mean when an amateur news forum does this is it really LMFAO worthy?

lol people, relax...

This is a source for all Apple news, free of charge, and I bet plenty of you assholes take advantages of MMi's guides and daily news...

If you don't like it, go make your own site. Assholes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ditoh1 View Post
    lol people, relax...

This is a source for all Apple news, free of charge, and I bet plenty of you assholes take advantages of MMi's guides and daily news...

If you don't like it, go make your own site. Assholes.
    Dude get the hell of our forum with that
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.