+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITC Judge Says Apple Violated Motorola's Wi-Fi Patent

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default ITC Judge Says Apple Violated Motorola's Wi-Fi Patent

Chalk one up to Motorola in the company's ongoing and seemingly never-end legal skirmish with Apple.

Today, a judge with the U.S. International Trade Commission ruled against the iDevice maker, saying that Motorola did, in fact, have one of its patents violated by Apple. The patent in question relates to 3G technology.

The judge did not side with Motorola, however, on three other alleged patent infringements by Apple. Despite winning just one of four legal arguments, Motorola still seems pleased for the time being.

“We are pleased that the ALJ’s initial determination finds Apple to be in violation of Motorola Mobility’s intellectual property, and look forward to the full commission’s ruling in August,” Becki Leonard, a spokeswoman for Motorola Mobility, said in response to the verdict.

So what does the ruling translate to? For now, not much. Apple plans an appeal and the company is ultra-confident that this week's ruling in favor of Motorola won't stand. “A court in Germany has already declared this patent invalid, so we believe we will have a very strong case on appeal,” Kristin Huguet, an Apple spokeswoman, tells Bloomberg,

Source: Bloomberg

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I feel like only the US Germany and occasionally australia are the only ones with courts...-.-

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

So Wifi and 3G are the same thing?..