Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Q2 Earnings Preview

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Q2 Earnings Preview

AAPL has dropped well over $70 a share over the last ten days. Is the bleeding about to stop or has the hemorrhaging only just begun?

Many analysts believe this question will be answered tomorrow when Apple reports second quarter earnings. The conference call commences after the close of regular trading on Wall Street, Tuesday, April 24th.

Apple says the call will begin at 5:00 p.m. EST, 2:00 p.m. PST. At that time, a live stream of the call will available at this link.

This time, "the street" expects Apple to report earnings of $9.99 per share, and $36.7 billion in total revenue for the quarter. This is, per established habit on Wall Street, higher than Apple's own estimate of $8.50 per share on $32.5 billion in revenue.

On January 24th, during Apple's last earnings call, Apple not only beat the street, it blew the street away. Record earnings sent AAPL well past $500 per share and provided the momentum for shares to reach their high-water mark of $644 earlier this month.

Q2 earnings will reflect some of the massive new iPad sales that helped Apple reach historic fiscal heights. But will it be enough to drive the stock back above $600? We will find out Tuesday.

Thanks

Why are we calling Wall Street, "the street?" Do you realize how stupid that is?

This is exactly why I never understood the stock market! Apples shares dropped $70 because someone said that apple might not make as much money this time around. It's always based off of speculation. So now if Apple releases that they made more than the guy said, that same guys probably made mad cash because he knew it the whole time. Seems shady to me. I guess I just don't understand. I would've thought it should have to do with how many billions that apple is just sitting on.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Welcome to the world of business, where not even Apple can continue to see increases. This revenue announcement will do nothing but provide a brief spike in share prices, but they will soon begin to fall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalty669 View Post
    Seems shady to me. I guess I just don't understand. I would've thought it should have to do with how many billions that apple is just sitting on.
    You *do* understand. It's legalized gambling with the $$ of (indirectly) you and me.

It may not be *our* cash, but the outcome directly affects in the stability of our employers. All at the whim of a few (percentagewise) greedy people in a corrupt (but completely legal) system.

As long as the law doesn't make it illegal, we can't expect people to do the "right" thing.

All within the law. That's why nobody has gone to jail as a result of the Wall Street debacle of the last few years.

Welcome to Democra$y.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Why are we calling Wall Street, "the street?" Do you realize how stupid that is?
    Bahaha... The Street is "thestreet.com" a financial news site. Although, it could be construed as slang in reference to Wall Street to one that has no knowledge of what they are commenting on.

No offense...just sayin.